How should the Force be handled?

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

How would you like to see Force Powers handled in Savage Star Wars? (In other words, would you use the system if it had the chosen option?)

Poll ended at Mon Jun 13, 2005 6:27 pm

The traditional way; an Arcane Background, an Arcane Skill and Power Points.
6%
6%
6%
6%
Red-24's current way; an Arcane Background, three associated Attributes, Powers with no cost.
2%
Red-24's current way; an Arcane Background, three associated Attributes, Powers with no cost.
2%
2%
2%
Similar to Red-24's current way; an Arcane Background, Powers with no cost, but a single Arcane Skill.
3%
Similar to Red-24's current way; an Arcane Background, Powers with no cost, but a single Arcane Skill.
3%
3%
3%
Like Necessary Evil; an Arcane Background, Power Points used to buy Powers that have no cost to use.
7%
Like Necessary Evil; an Arcane Background, Power Points used to buy Powers that have no cost to use.
7%
7%
7%
7%
Something really different like using Edges to represent different Force Powers.
5%
Something really different like using Edges to represent different Force Powers.
5%
5%
5%

Total votes: 159

chatterbox
Seasoned

#21 Postby chatterbox » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:30 pm

perplext wrote:what would happen if you replaced a jedi's wild die with the die type of their force skill? that way they're naturally better at nearly everything simply through channeling the force. this would be separate from using actual powers like force push.

or as a general power you could allow them to add their force skill die type to any roll for a cost in points. for when you just have to make that piloting roll. if a character had a d8 in fighting and a d10 in force their roll might look like this: 7, 4(WD), 9(FD). 7+9=16. would this overpower fighting compared to Parry scores? i can't think of a simple way to remedy that if it does.

That's pretty funny, very similar to what i was thinking. In my Clone Wars conversion (still incomplete) i have force users roll their force attribute die whenever they spend a benny (for a reroll or to soak or whatever).

For general power and competence from using the force, i just have 'boost trait' as a core force power (all force users can use it)

perplext
Seasoned

#22 Postby perplext » Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:17 am

chatterbox wrote:For general power and competence from using the force, i just have 'boost trait' as a core force power (all force users can use it)

that's exactly what i was thinking later while driving around. it was a big "duh" moment. oh well. :)

Red-24
Seasoned

#23 Postby Red-24 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:42 pm

Is that it? Only 37 poll responses?

Come on all of those who have nothing to reply, you must at least have an opinion. ;-)
Jon "Red-24" Woodland
http://members.shaw.ca/red-24
"You've taken your first step into a larger world" - Old Kenobi

Red-24
Seasoned

#24 Postby Red-24 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:15 pm

Hey all,

Thanks for all the responses. I'm sorry to say (for those who care) that I won't be continuing any work on Savage Star Wars at this time. I am on a self imposed break in order to focus on some other areas of my life. I am still available via private email.

Thanks,
Jon "Red-24" Woodland

Boldfist
Heroic

#25 Postby Boldfist » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:33 pm

Hey Jon!

Just wondering if you've worked anymore on the conversion since I know you are still lurking here occassionally?

Also, can anyone tell me how to vote in a poll? I'm new to the boards and don't see how to vote?

I'm very interested in the Star Wars conversions. I"ve been asking a lot of questions myself before I found this thread. Has anyone actually used the Shadowrun Magic rules in a game? Do they work well?

Norm Hensley

Red-24
Seasoned

#26 Postby Red-24 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:19 am

Hey Norm,

Nope, I haven't done any more work on the conversion. I'm getting married in a week and have been pretty busy otherwise as well.

I think I set the poll for 14 days when I first set it up. In retrospect, I should have set it to indefinate. Can any moderators of the list change it after the time expired?
Jon "Red-24" Woodland

The Dead Ranger
Seasoned

#27 Postby The Dead Ranger » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:58 pm

Boldfist wrote:Has anyone actually used the Shadowrun Magic rules in a game? Do they work well?

I'm using them in my current Savage Shadowrun game and they work well.

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”