Power List generator

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Shadetree
Novice

Power List generator

#1 Postby Shadetree » Thu Oct 09, 2003 6:23 am

I'm working on a webpage that lets you select powers and it will give you a list of those powers with its stats. So you could pick the powers that your character/npc has and print out the results as a handy reference sheet. Would it be permissible to put this out on the web?
I'm not afraid of dying alone, I'm afraid of dying empty.

Count Zero
Legendary

#2 Postby Count Zero » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:00 am

I would say no. I asked Shane about compiling a Bestiary of the SW critters and he said he would prefer them not to be published for free on the net. We all mean well but things can get out of control. Doesn't hurt to ask though.
I'm not an adversarial GM. I am a facilitator of awesomeness. - Dr Rotwang

Shadetree
Novice

#3 Postby Shadetree » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:40 am

exactly why I asked. If not I'm still making it for my own use instead of going to 5 different places to find powers.

jblittlefield
Legendary

#4 Postby jblittlefield » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:43 am

Shadetree wrote:exactly why I asked. If not I'm still making it for my own use instead of going to 5 different places to find powers.

Just curious - what "5 places" are you talking about? ;)

Shadetree
Novice

#5 Postby Shadetree » Thu Oct 09, 2003 8:53 am

SW
EN
DL:conversion
My own
50 fanthoms soon

jblittlefield
Legendary

#6 Postby jblittlefield » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:04 am

Shadetree wrote:SW
EN
DL:conversion
My own
50 fanthoms soon

I'd say "no" too. Four of the five sources you mention are copyrighted material ;)

Shadetree
Novice

#7 Postby Shadetree » Thu Oct 09, 2003 9:30 am

I know, I know. Like Count Zero said, doesn't hurt to ask.

I'll probably just compile a list of all the powers I come across. My own little Savage Grimoire.

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#8 Postby MadTinkerer » Fri Oct 10, 2003 10:59 pm

I was thinking of doing the same thing. It's nice that SW's FFF-ness allows for ease of typing up your own reference docs. I've already typed up a "Master list of powers", I just haven't typed up all the stats.
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!

DannyboyO1
Heroic

#9 Postby DannyboyO1 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 12:03 pm

Shoot, I made up some powers lists for classic deadlands. Took me a few days, especially for the hucksters, but now, when we're gaming with my computer handy, I can call up the specifics of any power, paraphrased into my interpretation, with a clear indication of which book has the original text.

Best part is, it cured me of the urge to index all the critters in the game. Well, for a little while, anyway. It'd go a little ways towards helping me out with 'filler' episodes. Yanno, semi-random encounters and things to find sign of. With a lot of energy, and a lot of work, I think I could make my Marshaling almost easy.

Of course, then I'd wind up setting up name generators and quick npcs... and then I'd have to set up the music... and then, well, I'd run out of time to actually *game*.
There is no sig file that seems witty after 50 posts.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”