Templars in the Weird West and another question

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Nick Zachariasen
Seasoned

Templars in the Weird West and another question

#1 Postby Nick Zachariasen » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:44 pm

I know the AR addresses this somewhat, but I thought I'd get a clarification from you. When it was stated that, because so many of the Saints haven't even been born yet much less died, the Templars would lose their powers in the Weird West. Was this supposed to mean that the Templars wouldn't be able to call upon the Martyrs or would they lose their arcane abilities, including Rewards, altogether?

Also, would a Templar's sword, being consecreated as it is, stand any greater chance of survival in the Sioux Nations or would it, too, fall prey to the influence of the Great Summoning? What about Relics?

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#2 Postby MadTinkerer » Fri Oct 10, 2003 12:16 pm

Well a Templar who finds him/herself in the Weird West could do a little research and find some old martyrs/saints. Like, say, Benjamin Franklin, Pocahontas* or Paul Revere. I don't have the HoE book yet(planning to get HoE d20 sooner or later) so I couldn't give you an example of what having Ben Franklin as a Patron Saint might do, but that's how I'd do it.

*If you didn't know, she converted to Christianity. (Strange how that was omitted from the Pocahontas-as-sexy-animist Disney movie...)
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”