Weird Point Values in Screamers

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

MadTinkerer
Legendary

Weird Point Values in Screamers

#1 Postby MadTinkerer » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:11 am

I haven't actually played it yet, but I bought it and Screamers looks pretty good. I've got two questions though:

1) What's with the point values? I thought the Troop Builder/Army Builder only went in increments of 5(except when Wild Cards double the value). Are the point values for the Screamers troops calculated using a completely diferent system, or am I missing something?

2) The only other complaint I have is that the actual Syker figs don't look as impressive as the guy(gal?) on the cover. One's got a glowing headache, one has a big gun and no glow, and the third seems frozen in an eternal state of surprise. They aren't bad, but none of 'em seem to quite exude the confidence of the Lone Syker faced with the Skinny.
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!

Truckee Games
Seasoned

Re: Weird Point Values in Screamers

#2 Postby Truckee Games » Wed Sep 24, 2003 11:51 am

MadTinkerer wrote:I haven't actually played it yet, but I bought it and Screamers looks pretty good. I've got two questions though:

1) What's with the point values? I thought the Troop Builder/Army Builder only went in increments of 5(except when Wild Cards double the value). Are the point values for the Screamers troops calculated using a completely diferent system, or am I missing something?

In regards to this question, the point values have changed (Shane revised them). I expect a more formal annoucement later.
-Brent Wolke
Truckee Games
( www.truckeegames.blogspot.com )

PEGShane
Site Admin

#3 Postby PEGShane » Thu Sep 25, 2003 6:42 pm

Yes. I'll have the revised point values up Tuesday. This is why I didn't put them in the original book. I knew I wouldn't be happy with them until a lot more playtesting was involved.

Thanks!

Shane

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#4 Postby MadTinkerer » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:14 pm

Well, as long as they're in the second edition rulebook. :wink:
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#5 Postby MadTinkerer » Tue Sep 30, 2003 6:43 pm

So that's next Tuesday, then? :wink:

PEGShane
Site Admin

#6 Postby PEGShane » Tue Sep 30, 2003 9:09 pm

Heh heh. Oops! Yup. I just plain forgot.

Next Tuesday then.

Shane

Rorschach
Novice

#7 Postby Rorschach » Wed Oct 01, 2003 8:51 am

Drat... Was going to play my brother in a GRW to SW conversion this weekend. I was halfway through points values for the original army lists. Ah, well maybe next time.

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#8 Postby MadTinkerer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 1:55 pm

PEGShane wrote:Heh heh. Oops! Yup. I just plain forgot.

Next Tuesday then.

Shane

Right. NEXT Tuesday. :)

Rorschach
Novice

#9 Postby Rorschach » Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:45 pm

Next Tuesday or Tuesday after next? How about a date? 10/7, 10/14. 10/21?

PEGShane
Site Admin

#10 Postby PEGShane » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:24 pm

How about right now?

Shane

Phoenikuz
Novice

#11 Postby Phoenikuz » Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:40 pm

I think I've jumped the gun - the point values available for download are still the same as before?

*waiting paitiently*
"We all agree that your theory is crazy, but is it crazy enough?" - Niels Bohr (1885-1962)

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#12 Postby MadTinkerer » Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:42 pm

Check the main page. Shane just recently posted the update there. As of the time of writing this post, he hasn't updated the downloads page quite yet.

BTW: VERY nice, Shane. The only way I could be happier right now is if the updated Army Builder were available for download and 50 Fathoms and the GM screen were at my FLGS :wink:

EDIT: By the way, gremlins got in your PC again. The Monstrous Abilities list has several unexplained asterisks. :)

PEGShane
Site Admin

#13 Postby PEGShane » Wed Oct 08, 2003 8:13 am

Try now. Shouldn't be any huge differences, but this one is slighty updated (no asterisks, for example).

Shane

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#14 Postby MadTinkerer » Wed Oct 08, 2003 10:00 am

Quick question: why does Undead cost 5 points and Construct cost 2 points when the difference between them is a +2 bonus to Toughness? Also, the fact that Armor costs 2 points per +1 but sheilds cost 1 point "per point of Toughness" seems odd, especially since there aren't any sheilds in the rulebook that mention adding to Toughness. Something new in 50 Fathoms or gremlins again?

Turtle
Seasoned

#15 Postby Turtle » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:27 pm

Shield rule: When hit by a ranged attack from the front arc (covered by the shield), add that shield's toughness value to your toughness for damage.

This has been in the SW book from the very beginning.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”