2 SW Rules Questions

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

MadTinkerer
Legendary

2 SW Rules Questions

#1 Postby MadTinkerer » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:18 am

1) Can you fire three Bolts at the same target in one round? The wording doesn't seem to indicate it, but I don't know if there would be a balance issue. It would certainly help with high-toughness enemies...

2) Is the Parry bonus for Rapier cumulative? Say 1 rapier in each hand gives a total +2 bonus to Parry? I would think so, especially since it makes sense from a cinematic point of view.
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!

Truckee Games
Seasoned

Re: 2 SW Rules Questions

#2 Postby Truckee Games » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:27 am

MadTinkerer wrote:1) Can you fire three Bolts at the same target in one round? The wording doesn't seem to indicate it, but I don't know if there would be a balance issue. It would certainly help with high-toughness enemies...

2) Is the Parry bonus for Rapier cumulative? Say 1 rapier in each hand gives a total +2 bonus to Parry? I would think so, especially since it makes sense from a cinematic point of view.

Yes - as a matter of rule - for the first one.

Yes - as a matter of interpretation - for the second one.
-Brent Wolke
Truckee Games
( www.truckeegames.blogspot.com )

cdude93
Seasoned

#3 Postby cdude93 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:30 am

I think fencing people might disagree on the second one, but as far as cinematic style gaming goes, I'd say yes also. You only get the bonus if you say ha-HA! once per round.

James
"The Lieutenant's insane!"
"Hey, we're fighting giant bugs on freakin' Pluto, man! We're all insane!"
-Cpl. Richard 'Doc' LaCroix

DerFinsterling
Legendary

#4 Postby DerFinsterling » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:36 am

Cdude93 wrote: You only get the bonus if you say ha-HA! once per round.

That sure won't get annoying 8).

palehorse
Heroic

#5 Postby palehorse » Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:38 am

CDude93 said:
You only get the bonus if you say ha-HA! once per round.

There's a card game from Fantasy Flight called Mag-Blast that's a lot of fun; its a spaceship combat game. Whenever you fire a laser blast, though, you have to make a sound effect or the shot doesn't count... Seriously, its right there in the rules!

cdude93
Seasoned

#6 Postby cdude93 » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:08 pm

lol that reminds me of this card game thwaak has called elixir, where every player has to choose a wizard name, and if you call someone by their regular name instead, you have to give them one of your cards or something. God I hated that game!

James
"The Lieutenant's insane!"

"Hey, we're fighting giant bugs on freakin' Pluto, man! We're all insane!"

-Cpl. Richard 'Doc' LaCroix

Doc Otto
Novice

#7 Postby Doc Otto » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:22 pm

I'm reminded of Feng Shui (the Shadowfist RPG) where pump action shotguns did extra damage if you spent one action shot to pantomime racking a shell while making a "KA-CHINK" sound effect.

Marguerite
Seasoned

#8 Postby Marguerite » Thu Sep 25, 2003 2:02 pm

Cdude93 wrote:lol that reminds me of this card game thwaak has called elixir, where every player has to choose a wizard name, and if you call someone by their regular name instead, you have to give them one of your cards or something. God I hated that game!

Sounds like Hastur in "Cults Across America" - say his name, pay the guy who's got him. :-)

Marguerite
Alea Iacta Est!

MadTinkerer
Legendary

#9 Postby MadTinkerer » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:12 pm

Doc Otto wrote:I'm reminded of Feng Shui (the Shadowfist RPG) where pump action shotguns did extra damage if you spent one action shot to pantomime racking a shell while making a "KA-CHINK" sound effect.

Heehee. It's been too long since I've played Feng Shui. My 1st edition rulebook is looking a little worse for wear, but maybe I'll risk wearing it out a little more just to hash out a few house rules for a SW FS homebrew campaign... After we're done Evernight and playtesting Hearts of Steel, of course. 8)
"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science!" - Agatha Heterodyne

Check out Mad Tinkerer Dot Org!

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”