Love pdfs!

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Marshal Bob
Novice

Love pdfs!

#1 Postby Marshal Bob » Sun Sep 14, 2003 10:21 am

Hey I just want to say initially I was opposed to the idea of pdfs but now I am all for it I bought my first one the LCC the other week. Iwas oppsed mainly in the idea that I had bought so many books already and having to go from computer to hardback to get all the rules you need is a pain in the butt. So I was hoping that eventual you would release ALL of the deadlands books in pdf..is this a possability.
Marshal Bob
VA

jblittlefield
Legendary

Re: Love pdfs!

#2 Postby jblittlefield » Mon Sep 15, 2003 6:59 am

Marshal Bob wrote:Hey I just want to say initially I was opposed to the idea of pdfs but now I am all for it I bought my first one the LCC the other week. Iwas oppsed mainly in the idea that I had bought so many books already and having to go from computer to hardback to get all the rules you need is a pain in the butt. So I was hoping that eventual you would release ALL of the deadlands books in pdf..is this a possability.
Marshal Bob
VA

I love PDFs too, in fact, I rarely buy hardcopy products if a PDF is available. I have access to a high speed laser printer and a binding machine so I save a significant amount of $$$ ;)

I'd buy a product as hardcopy only if a PDF wasn't available.

Count Zero
Legendary

#3 Postby Count Zero » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:43 am

Even if you don't have access to free printing pdf's are usually cheaper than hard cover. Not to mention you can print out only the pages you really want. I like to make players guides for my group to get them into an upcoming game.
I'm not an adversarial GM. I am a facilitator of awesomeness. - Dr Rotwang

jblittlefield
Legendary

#4 Postby jblittlefield » Mon Sep 15, 2003 10:44 am

Count Zero wrote:Even if you don't have access to free printing pdf's are usually cheaper than hard cover. Not to mention you can print out only the pages you really want. I like to make players guides for my group to get them into an upcoming game.

As long as you don't print them in color ;)

Erifnogard
Novice

#5 Postby Erifnogard » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:12 pm

In theory I like pdf publications as it gives me a chance to check something out without paying as much. In practice I dislike them because the ones I like I would rather have a bound hardcopy of. Yes I could go to Kinko's for that, but I never seem to do so. So I guess the best of both worlds is to have both options available.
CEO of Paranoia, Inc.
Our motto: "Better paranoid than surprised!"

dr evil
Seasoned

#6 Postby dr evil » Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:49 pm

My only real complaints with PDF are having to buy on line only (I like the experience of walking into a gamestore, not to mention, PDF kinda cut's into thier buisness!) and of course printing, I printed out the Deadlands PDF, at my local technigraphics, and it cost me $25, and they messed it up by printing fronts only, (which cost a bit more) and since they almost lost a computer printing that high volume and detail I figured it wasn't worth getting into an arguement about, so I payed them. (it still had all the pages just that they were all on the right hand side of the bound book!) I later front back printed it at my local college (having a massive print credit to burn) however I almost caused a riot with all the last minute paper writters backing up behind me! :roll: anyway it's nice to get them on a PC (or mac in my case 8) ) but there is something about holding a hardcover in ones hand, but perhaps it's just me.
Dead is Dead, Parts Is parts And dead guys is parts!

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”