[DLR] Snakeoil Salesman question

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Bandito
Novice

[DLR] Snakeoil Salesman question

#1 Postby Bandito » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:43 pm

How can this impact characters? Can I really have one of my villains convince a posse member to free him or attack their own posse members? I am pretty sure it doesn't work like puppet power, but what are the limits of this?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [DLR] Snakeoil Salesman question

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:32 pm

Bandito wrote:How can this impact characters? Can I really have one of my villains convince a posse member to free him or attack their own posse members? I am pretty sure it doesn't work like puppet power, but what are the limits of this?

Well, as per the core rules for Persuasion...

Player Characters: Persuasion should never be used on other player characters. Their attitudes should be decided entirely by their players.

So it can't affect them in that way at all.

However, Snake Oil Salesman does allow a character to use Persuasion for a combat Test of Wills (without the Charisma bonus for the Edge itself) which could affect a player.

Really, the Edge doesn't itself allow convincing anyone to specifically do anything, it's really just a description for the +2 Charisma bonus.

Now, it could indirectly affect the players as it could be the reason for one NPC convincing another NPC to act against the players, but directly, it's fairly limited.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”