[Perpetual Motion Games] We're here and ready to meet you!

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

PerpetualMotionGames
Novice

[Perpetual Motion Games] We're here and ready to meet you!

#1 Postby PerpetualMotionGames » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Hello, everyone! I represent Perpetual Motion Games, a brand new Licensee for Savage Worlds. We have just launched a Kickstarter Campaign for our first product Exemplar: Tales of the New Roman Empire, a superhero RPG set in the Middle Ages. We hope you'll all drop by!

http://kck.st/Tajz6A

Also, feel free to visit us at www.perpetual-motion-games.com for more information!

Christopher Murrell
President/Product Manager
Perpetual Motion Games[/url]

Boldfist
Heroic

#2 Postby Boldfist » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:56 pm

Welcome! I just watched the video and read through your kick starter. Will this use the Super Powers Companion or core rules super powers only?
Norm "No Relation" Hensley

PerpetualMotionGames
Novice

#3 Postby PerpetualMotionGames » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:40 am

Neither, the powers for the game will actually all be self included. It's a slightly different take on Super Powers. In a nut shell, there will be both traditional super powers, things that are activated, that are grouped in power suites. One may be themed around Armor, and give you a power that can be activated to do everything from add additional levels of armor, to reflexively damage foes that hit you. The other side, are Boons and Banes, which act as a sort of Edges and Hindrances but for powers only, and they function at all times, even when your powers aren't all "a-go". Our goal is to have a lower quantity of powers per character, with more flexibility within that power.

Gah, it's late. Re-cap. We use our own power system. Powers add thematic customization options to characters, even when not using your powers actively.

Christopher

Jux
Seasoned

#4 Postby Jux » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:59 am

Wou - quite a risky setting here. The superhero genre is already quite a niche market (although superheroes are very popular because of the blockbuster movies and for me over done), but this takes the SW "settings with a twist" to a completely new level.

I myself am more fan of traditional genres.

haterofshame
Seasoned

#5 Postby haterofshame » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Really like the setting ideas, and the notion of a new system for superpowers!!!

I really, really hope you succeed, but launching a 18.000$ goal close to christmas seems pretty naive, or am I jumping to conclusions?

Best of luck to you though..

PerpetualMotionGames
Novice

#6 Postby PerpetualMotionGames » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:12 pm

First off, thanks for the kind words, and don't forget to check back occasionally, we're putting up content every day this week on the Updates Page.

As far as the money, we have been concerned, but at this point, we are hoping that the spirit of giving will be strong, and that Christmas money will contribute in the last week of the Starter. Heck, at this point, with the economy as it is, we considered the idea crazy altogether, but by golly, we're bold!

Again, thank you.

Christopher

Boldfist
Heroic

#7 Postby Boldfist » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:29 am

PerpetualMotionGames wrote:We use our own power system. Powers add thematic customization options to characters, even when not using your powers actively.

I would really like to see some samples or examples of this before backing the project. I love the setting idea and would have already pledged if you were using the Super Powers Companion. But a new power system from a new licensee makes me want to see some of it first. Any chance of that happening in one of the updates on Kickstarter?

Thanks!
Norm "No Relation" Hensley

PerpetualMotionGames
Novice

#8 Postby PerpetualMotionGames » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:03 pm

Absolutely! We are hoping to put up a full power suite in the third week, including all the Boons and Banes (which are almost like mini edges and hindrances that are thematically based off of your powers, and are always active), as well as any of the nested powers that are associated with that suite.

It's still SW, so it's not completely divorced from what has come before, it just has a definite spin on it.

Hope to see you then.

Christopher

Return to “SW Licensees”