[Classic] TN for stopping bleeding

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Tinhorn Huckster
Seasoned

[Classic] TN for stopping bleeding

#1 Postby Tinhorn Huckster » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:34 am

Hey there, guys! So, last night we were playing Classic DL and we noticed there was no TN listed for simply stopping bleeding. We debated back and forth between TN 5, the same TN as healing the wound, and the same TN as healing the wound minus one or two steps, but eventually settled on TN 5 so as to not complicate things too much. Is there an official ruling, though?
Why, yes, indeed: I am rather proud of my skill at discourse - my rhetorics, if you will. It would be my great pleasure to broker peace between you good sirs and the Indians.
Incidentally, would any of you gentlemen lend me a deck?

RJack
Seasoned

#2 Postby RJack » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:02 pm

There is, in fact. It's in the Agency book of all places. The base target number is 3 (medicine: any), which reduces 1 Wind per round of blood loss. Every raise reduces the Wind loss rate by an additional point. This takes one action and can be attempted multiple times. Going bust on the roll gives the patient an additional wound in that location.

Tinhorn Huckster
Seasoned

#3 Postby Tinhorn Huckster » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:06 pm

Thanks! :-D
Why, yes, indeed: I am rather proud of my skill at discourse - my rhetorics, if you will. It would be my great pleasure to broker peace between you good sirs and the Indians.
Incidentally, would any of you gentlemen lend me a deck?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:25 pm

RJack wrote:There is, in fact. It's in the Agency book of all places. The base target number is 3 (medicine: any), which reduces 1 Wind per round of blood loss. Every raise reduces the Wind loss rate by an additional point. This takes one action and can be attempted multiple times. Going bust on the roll gives the patient an additional wound in that location.

Huh. Surprisingly close to the House Rules we made up. Go us. :mrgreen:

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”