[DLR]Blessed and the Heal power?

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

HalifaxDM
Novice

[DLR]Blessed and the Heal power?

#1 Postby HalifaxDM » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:07 am

The answer to this question clarified and error my group had been unknowingly making (thank you) but also raised a new question.

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=38479

How would this apply to a Blessed as they do not have power points? Can they simply lay on hands until the wounds are all healed or is there a rules limit to this use that I cannot find?

If this comes down to a matter of Marshall's ruling (as I suspect it may) would it be reasonable that multiple uses of the Heal power on a wounded individual by a Blessed would constitute Sinnin'?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: [DLR]Blessed and the Heal power?

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:44 pm

HalifaxDM wrote:How would this apply to a Blessed as they do not have power points? Can they simply lay on hands until the wounds are all healed or is there a rules limit to this use that I cannot find?

There is no absolute limit on the number of times a Blessed can use the Healing power, but there is a functional "limit" based simply on the rules they use.

The Blessed suffers a -2 for the Rank of the power, and even if offset with Conviction, then they also suffer a penalty equal to the wounds of the target from -1 to -3. If they fail, then they gain a level of Fatigue for an additional -1 to try again, making it more likely they fail again. If they fail three times, they are Incapacitated for 3 hours, which means the Golden Hour is over.

And that doesn't even touch on any of those rolls coming up a 1 on the Faith die causing a Crisis of Faith.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”