For those who use maps...

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Virgobrown72
Heroic

For those who use maps...

#1 Postby Virgobrown72 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:01 pm

I posted this in another forum, but what size maps do you guys normally use for encounters? Do you tend to do more indoor or outdoor style maps for encounters?
"That which does not kill me, makes me Shaken..."

warrenss2
Heroic

#2 Postby warrenss2 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm

I have miniature terrain for most of my outdoor encounters.

For the interior encounters I'm still using either printed out rooms/maps or a Chessex mat to draw on.
:blam:

DHRDawg
Veteran

#3 Postby DHRDawg » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:02 pm

I like to make my maps from scratch using Photoshop and artwork I find on places like Dundjinni. So if I make the maps, of course the size depends on the situation, the biggest I make them are 20"x32" because I print them out on four 11"x17" pages and tile and glue them together and put them on foam core or thick black board. (I used to roll them up without putting them on boards but its a pain when someone bumps the weight I have place down on one corner and the whole thing rolls up.)

But I've also bought maps on RPGNow.com and printed those out as are. Some where just slightly bigger than 20"x32".

And this all depends on where you are gaming. We are lucky and game on a long table.

I tend to do more indoor map encounters currently because I'm running a Star Wars game based out of Nar Shadda which is pretty much a huge city.

Other Mike
Seasoned

#4 Postby Other Mike » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:53 pm

The maps I use are all different sizes, depending on what I need. I have access to a printer that can handle up to 12x18 paper. I do tend to print maps out on cardstock though, to make them lay down better.
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”