My Savage Pony

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Sweeper
Seasoned

#221 Postby Sweeper » Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:45 pm

I was only peripherally aware of MLP:FIM, having bad memories of the 80s cartoon I was forced to watch with my little sister. I saw it referenced all over the place, but it never caught my interest until my neighbors ( and fellow geeks) began arguing, rather loudly, about it.

Imagine my surprise when I asked what the argument was about and found out is was about the new My Little Pony series. I'm still not sure how, but they get me to watch the series as reasonable 3rd party. I find it's on Netflix, so I begin watching it.

Huh... I found it interesting and enjoyable. It's definitely a kids show and and very much aimed at girls, but it has good writing and isn't dumbed down. Can't help but to appreciate that no matter who you are.

Guess I'm looking forward to see what Faust and Co. come up with in November.
I'm wise enough to know that I don't know half as much as I think I know. Y'know?

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#222 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:31 pm

Sweeper wrote:Huh... I found it interesting and enjoyable. It's definitely a kids show and and very much aimed at girls, but it has good writing and isn't dumbed down. Can't help but to appreciate that no matter who you are.

And that's the thing, I think. Sure, the characters often don't communicate enough, but that's a ploy by writers just for the sake of causing drama (i.e. Swarm of the Century is the worst for this -- that whole episode could have been avoided if anypony had talked to Pinkie for more than a second, of if Pinkie had elaborated on just what the heck she was on about). That's common even in 'grown up' TV shows, so I can't really fault it for that.

The characters don't just sit around having tea parties and talking about clothes. They don't just sit around waiting to be rescued from the monsters. They make decisions, for better or for worse, and go out proactively to handle situations that come up. More often than not, they're the ones doing the rescuing. Sure, there is a place for tea parties and being a pretty princess, but it helps show show girls that they, too, can be the leaders, they, too can be the hero. And it's that element that makes it appealing to boys, too, and adults.

It's a welcome change in girls' entertainment.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#223 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:23 pm

The link below goes to my two main OCs for the MLP roleplaying fan-site Fillydelphia.

They don't use Savage Worlds there, but I thought it would be fun to try and stat them out anyway.

https://sites.google.com/site/orderofth ... ggs-ponies

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#224 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:29 am

The Pony Pack means you can create any of the following 8 ponys: Pony, Unicorn, Alicorn, Pegasus, Nightmare, Horned Nightmare, Winged Nightmare, Nightmare Alicorn.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674 ... i-an/posts

The Kickstarter goal has been met tenfold! I wonder when these will become available?

:mrgreen:

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#225 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 am

That was an awesome season opener!

Loved it! :mrgreen:

And I made this!

:lol:

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#226 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:16 pm

SavageGamerGirl wrote:That was an awesome season opener!

Loved it! :mrgreen:

And I made this!

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D
Awesome pic!

And I agree, it was a great opener.
I loved Pinkie's "cover identity". :)

And I hope we'll see King Sombra again.
I got a nice Mumm-Ra vibe from his character and I'd love to see him go all "Ancient Spirits of Evil, transform this decayed form to [insert equivalent of Mumm-Ra], the Ever-Living!" on the Mane Six! :eek: :twisted:
"If you think I'm crazy, you should see the people I'm locked up with." - Steamdriven

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#227 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:39 pm

Also:

:D
"If you think I'm crazy, you should see the people I'm locked up with." - Steamdriven

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#228 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:53 pm

Then he spent a bennie to re-roll that Critical Failure on his Throwing check, scoring many, many Aces on the re-roll!

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#229 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:33 pm

SavageGamerGirl wrote:Then he spent a bennie to re-roll that Critical Failure on his Throwing check, scoring many, many Aces on the re-roll!

Yup, that sounds about right. :)

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#230 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:09 am

Yesterday's episode was Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Other Mike
Seasoned

#231 Postby Other Mike » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Noshrok Grimskull wrote:Yesterday's episode was Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun! Fun!

Ummm .... yeah.
My daughter subjected me to it yesterday, while I was trying to focus on building something. She didn't care for my "creative" suggestion on how to solve the problem either. :wink:
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#232 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:51 am

What I found amusing is that in my "Ponyville Horror" game, the ponies can find out that the dreaded Equinomicon was hidden behind a secret panel in the library in Ponyville.

Secret panel concealing old books? CONFIRMED! :mrgreen:

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#233 Postby Jordan Peacock » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:12 pm

PINKIEPOCALYPSE!

Oh, good grief. Now we've established that if there's a Savage Pony campaign, the players can theoretically just go and find yonder suspicious half-buried rock, unicorn-levitate it out, and proceed toward PONY MASS MAYHEM! :O

Total violation of the Laws of Conservation of Pony.

I mean, sure, the duplicates seem to be a little more messed-up in the head, so from a game-balance perspective, there's no guarantee that PCs would have control over their Pony Clone Army, but there are just so many scary fridge-logic directions to take this into. (This is the problem with over-thinking a cartoon. ;) )

Scariest "Implications for a GM" moment for me: Pinkie #6's finger-forming and Pinkie #27's face-changing stunts*.

ACK! (Please tell me Pinkie's just an illusionist of some sort....)

(*Disclaimer: I just made those numbers up. It's not like I could tell them all apart. Also, I watched this show with Wendy, who used to collect pony toys, and still has most of them packed away in a box somewhere. It's not like I'd watch this all by MYSELF or anything crazy like that!)

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#234 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Well, they'd have to know where the Mirror Pond is first. And golly, no player would ever stoop to using out-of-character knowledge, right? :lol:

If you're running the campaign in the 'modern day,' I doubt that Twilight or Pinkie would be forthcoming with that information, given the trouble it caused.

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#235 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:41 pm

Jordan Peacock wrote:Scariest "Implications for a GM" moment for me: Pinkie #6's finger-forming and Pinkie #27's face-changing stunts*.

ACK! (Please tell me Pinkie's just an illusionist of some sort....)

Yeah, the fingers were a little creepy.
But the G3 Pinkie face had me laughing out loud! :D

Also: No, Pinkie is not an illusionist.

Yes, Twilight. In fact, it explains everything. :D

Snate56
Legendary

#236 Postby Snate56 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 5:44 pm

This thread has fallen way too far.

SteveN
"And then the indians rode down upon us. They was Arapahoe, Comanche, Cheyenne..... They was only three of 'em, but Dang! They was mean!"

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#237 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:16 am

Ok, so timberwolves have terrible puppy breath and can regenerate.

Also, it looks like somepony played the Adventure Care that makes an opponent grow larger! :lol:

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#238 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:15 pm

In my experience, someone always plays Uh Oh! if it gets dealt. Sometimes I ignore the "get bigger" part, simply increasing Strength and Toughness. :twisted:

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#239 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:40 pm

SavageGamerGirl wrote:Ok, so timberwolves have terrible puppy breath and can regenerate.

Also, it looks like somepony played the Adventure Care that makes an opponent grow larger! :lol:

Not only can they regenerate, they can regenerate pretty damn fast!
And they can combine!

warrenss2
Heroic

#240 Postby warrenss2 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:09 pm

Would you think that all Player Characters have the Pacifist Hindrance Major?

That would force the players to seek out alternative ways to defeat their adversaries. Taunts, tricks, etc...

Even a combative type of pony would have it at a Minor level.

I wouldn't have a "hoof" Hindrance. They seem to hold things just fine.
:blam:

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”