Customizing Powers

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#21 Postby Jordan Peacock » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 pm

SavageGamerGirl wrote:
Jordan Peacock wrote:By the way - is it just my imagination, or did the modifiers get edited? I thought that Harder Activation was a -1 earlier, but now it seems to be a -2.

You're not imagining things. I'm adjusting the OP based on input. You'll also notice that the "Harder Acquisition" modifier is gone, too.

Okay, just checking. I find my memory to be less than reliable sometimes when challenged. (This is evidenced by how much of time is spent hunting down my car keys, cell phone, etc., that "I know I put down right HERE last night, honest!" ;) )

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#22 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:27 am

Jordan Peacock wrote:The other is spirit infusion, which is really just the boost trait power, but limited to Self Only, and with Limited Effect (the GM decides that a suitable limitation would be that it can only be used on Spirit or on a Spirit-based trait, rather than ANY trait as is normally possible), in order to get some added bonus such as Extended Duration and/or Easier Activation.

This is where these customizations tend to butt heads with a GM's general preference.

My default rule is that you have to specify a trait to boost or lower when you take the power. It feels overpowered to me to have the trait boost whatever trait is most convenient at the time.

In this case, I'd make a player the Improved Effect benefit in order to make the spell affect all traits.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'
The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

SavageGamerGirl
Heroic

#23 Postby SavageGamerGirl » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:59 pm

This was written pre-SWD, and many powers in SWD now have a "useable on others" option that wasn't available in the original versions.

If there's interest, I'll revisit this to see what other modifiers need to change in the wake of SWD.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.

'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here.'

The Order of the Dice... OF DOOM!

fanchergw
Heroic

#24 Postby fanchergw » Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:27 pm

I'm definitely interested in this topic, so updates per SWD would be awesome!

Thanks, SGG,

Gordon

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”