Big List of Upcoming Pinnacle Products

Information and comments on all Pinnacle official Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Thunderforge
Veteran

#101 Postby Thunderforge » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:31 pm

Added concrete info provided by Joel about the Fantasy Companion reprint. Wow, that's two Pinnacle staffers who provided concrete release dates! :eek:

MagusRogue wrote:still waiting on the WW2 pdf of italian gear/vehicles/extra that was promised to us over a year ago... *devil eyes at people*

The closest thing I found was this topic, but although Joel and Teller say that they are planning on getting stuff out for Weird War II, they don't specify what that stuff will be. So until they say something more about a PDF of Italian gear/vehicles, I can't put it on the list.

EDIT: Whoo! Reply number 100!
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

jpk
Legendary

#102 Postby jpk » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:34 pm

Thunderforge wrote:Added concrete info provided by Joel about the Fantasy Companion reprint. Wow, that's two Pinnacle staffers who provided concrete release dates! :eek:

Maybe those Mayans were on to something after all...

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#103 Postby Kristian Serrano » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:48 pm

jpk wrote:
Thunderforge wrote:Added concrete info provided by Joel about the Fantasy Companion reprint. Wow, that's two Pinnacle staffers who provided concrete release dates! :eek:

Maybe those Mayans were on to something after all...

If the print version is on the way already, can those of us who purchased PDFs can the updated version now?

Kaspar
Seasoned

#104 Postby Kaspar » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:33 am

Any news on upcoming Rippers products, like the SWEX version or other products?

Thunderforge
Veteran

#105 Postby Thunderforge » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:26 am

Asking for updates about products is better suited for the Hey Pinnacle! forum. This topic is just for compiling what's already been said. If there's any news posted elsewhere, I'll update this topic as soon as I see it (or as soon as somebody points it out to me).

Of course, the response you will probably get from Pinnacle is "we're working on it, it'll be done when it's done." Of course with the Mayan calendar ending, who knows?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#106 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:26 pm

Amaril wrote:If the print version is on the way already, can those of us who purchased PDFs can the updated version now?

If the file has been updated at your online vendor then you should be able to get the updated version.

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#107 Postby Kristian Serrano » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:31 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:
Amaril wrote:If the print version is on the way already, can those of us who purchased PDFs can the updated version now?

If the file has been updated at your online vendor then you should be able to get the updated version.
I don't think it has been yet. That's what I'm trying to get Joel to answer, and if it hasn't been updated, can they update it before the print copy is available.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#108 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Amaril wrote:I don't think it has been yet. That's what I'm trying to get Joel to answer,

HA! Good luck with that quest. Let me know if you stumble across the Holy Grail while you're searching.
and if it hasn't been updated, can they update it before the print copy is available.

They usually do. But it's a bit more polite to check and see if they have actually done it, before you demand that they hurry up and do it. :wink:
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

MagusRogue
Seasoned

#109 Postby MagusRogue » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm

ThunderForge wrote:
MagusRogue wrote:still waiting on the WW2 pdf of italian gear/vehicles/extra that was promised to us over a year ago... *devil eyes at people*

The closest thing I found was this topic, but although Joel and Teller say that they are planning on getting stuff out for Weird War II, they don't specify what that stuff will be. So until they say something more about a PDF of Italian gear/vehicles, I can't put it on the list.

Oh I wasn't looking for it to be added. Just poking jpk and teller about the promised pdf. :)
Adam Loyd
Freelancer and Proofreader (check me out in the Noir books!)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this rant is over.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#110 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:05 pm

Last Sons Map Pack confirmed to be a thing. Not an existing thing, but a thing that will one day exist. http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=373260#373260

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#111 Postby Cutter XXIII » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:44 pm

ValhallaGH wrote:Last Sons Map Pack confirmed to be a thing. Not an existing thing, but a thing that will one day exist. http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=373260#373260

It's as much a stretch to call our "intentions" a sure thing as it is to call a free Map Pack a "product," but knock yourself out. :wink:
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

Thunderforge
Veteran

#112 Postby Thunderforge » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:49 pm

I think I'll pass on posting the Last Sons Map Pack, because there are some other free products that Pinnacle has said that they will do that haven't shown up yet (e.g. Classic to Reloaded conversions). But thanks for posting it, I really appreciate you directing me to the topic. EDIT: Or like Cutter said, calling it a product is like saying their intentions are a sure thing!

I've updated the list by removing Hell on Earth Reloaded core from the list (since it shipped), changing the release info for Noir, and adding the Noir Companion (which somehow I forgot about when I put Noir on the list).

Kodyax
Veteran

#113 Postby Kodyax » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:57 pm

A SWEX Rippers would be appreciated. I'm also looking forward to the Hell on Earth Reloaded and the two companions. I like the idea of Post Apocalypse and how it can be accomplished. As for Deadlands Noir, I will say only this: I'm getting a badge.

Enpeze
Seasoned

#114 Postby Enpeze » Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:48 am

I hope the SciFi companion will be released asap.

GamerDude
Seasoned

#115 Postby GamerDude » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:57 pm

Enpeze wrote:I hope the SciFi companion will be released asap.
Yes, when I first got into SW a few years ago my wife gave me $400 to buy what I wanted.

The three scifi tool kits were absolutely horrid. I would snap up a good sci-fi companion in a heartbeat.
Al B.
Mr. Sulu, ahead Warp Factor 5. Course: Third star on the right, straight on till morning.

Virgobrown72
Heroic

#116 Postby Virgobrown72 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:59 pm

What did you not like about the Sci Fi companions?
"That which does not kill me, makes me Shaken..."

USP45
Seasoned

#117 Postby USP45 » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:56 pm

They all lacked the hot peginc cover model of course.
:-)

Virgobrown72 wrote:What did you not like about the Sci Fi companions?

Vinzent
Heroic

#118 Postby Vinzent » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:45 pm

A digest-sized, print and bound version that I could hit my players with. (digest sized books have better accuracy over long ranges).
My Savage Worlds Blog
Get off the Human reservation. Read The Starrunner by C.B. Jones

GamerDude
Seasoned

#119 Postby GamerDude » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:04 pm

To be blunt, lets start with how the artwork and layout totally diff from SWEX and other Pinnacle products of the time, dumb ass "technology level" system... Zero = now, +1 = some time in future +2 = really far in future. Give me a break.

Thanks to the lame tech system it falls apart from there. Even the lousy "Future" book from WotC for d20 Modern had more "progress" levels covering lower tech and future tech. Wasn't great but better than three and ignoring the past.

"Mr. Sprockete... what do you read on the planet below?"
"Capt'n, I read primitive culture, no technology or energy of TL 0 or higher... clearly they have no technology whatsoever but our scale doesn't have a rating for 'nothin' so I can't define it"
Al B.
Mr. Sulu, ahead Warp Factor 5. Course: Third star on the right, straight on till morning.

Snate56
Legendary

#120 Postby Snate56 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:05 am

Not like you guys aren't super busy and all..., but is there anything in the works yet for a new set of Test Drive rules?
I wanted to print off a few copies for some new players I just met. :-D

SteveN
"And then the indians rode down upon us. They was Arapahoe, Comanche, Cheyenne..... They was only three of 'em, but Dang! They was mean!"

Return to “SW Official Settings & Companions”