Tricks and "next action"

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

GranFalloon
Veteran

Tricks and "next action"

#1 Postby GranFalloon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:55 pm

I had always assumed the Parry penalty that comes with a trick lasted until the target's initiative card came up. It occurs to me that since it's his "next action," this could be interpreted to last a long time if the target is Shaken (and not taking any actions). I suspect that's not how it's intended, but does anyone run it that way? On the one hand, it feels kinda overpowered, since you could lock an enemy down pretty tight, but t only takes a benny to throw it off...

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Tricks and "next action"

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:49 pm

GranFalloon wrote:I had always assumed the Parry penalty that comes with a trick lasted until the target's initiative card came up. It occurs to me that since it's his "next action," this could be interpreted to last a long time if the target is Shaken (and not taking any actions). I suspect that's not how it's intended, but does anyone run it that way? On the one hand, it feels kinda overpowered, since you could lock an enemy down pretty tight, but t only takes a benny to throw it off...

Well, Shaken doesn't mean a character doesn't get an action, just that they may be limited in what they can do with it. As noted, "On their action, a Shaken character must attempt to recover..."
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

GranFalloon
Veteran

#3 Postby GranFalloon » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:27 pm

Damn, thought I had found an exploitable loophole...

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”