Death on Caribdus

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Tavis
Heroic

Death on Caribdus

#1 Postby Tavis » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Spoilers ahead.... For Deadlands

I ran a variant of the Deadlands One Sheet "Ghost Town" as part of my 50 Fathoms campaign Halloween session which just happened to match up with the crew reaching Dunich for the first time (I have a player that's already played through 50F, so I wanted to change some of the Savage Tales so they wouldn't be expecting everything.

Several of the players are fans of the TV series "Supernatural" so they decided the best way to put the spirit to rest that they needed to was to burn the bones, rather than bury them (Dunich has a church, having been founded by visitors from Earth)

Unfortunately, one of my newer players got hold of this idea and decided the best thing to do was drop a satchel of gunpowder next to the bones and spark it off with his musket.

Even when asked, twice, if he was sure about that, he insisted that this would be a great idea and would definitely deal with the bones and the spirit.

Poor fellow. I treated the satchel of powder as a powder bomb. Several aces on the damage roll later, and a failed incapacitation roll and he managed to commit suicide and scatter the bones accross the town all at the same time.

Well, he can have a new character for the next session.

Just wanted to share.
Currently Playing:

SWD: Savage Mystara (GM)

LegendaryBard
Novice

#2 Postby LegendaryBard » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:29 pm

...wonderful.

What a way to go out.
Not actually that savage.

VonDan
Legendary

#3 Postby VonDan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:21 am