Test Drive

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Snate56
Legendary

Test Drive

#1 Postby Snate56 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Any chance of getting the next Test Drive formatted to to the smaller SWEX size?

I've reduced the existing ones but the print is a litte too small for my aging eyes.... :eek:

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

sablemage
Veteran

#2 Postby sablemage » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:11 pm

Seconded! I'm a big fan of the Test Drive (v6, not the one in Wild Hunt), but my eyes are just not up to it any more. :(

Pretty please?

jpk
Legendary

#3 Postby jpk » Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:37 pm

That probably depends.

If the next version of the Test Drive rules is designed to go with an introductory adventure and be printed (like The Wild Hunt), then it will almost certainly be done in the letter-sized format. The realities of small-batch printing for those is that letter-sized is wildly more economical, and that's very important for a product that's probably going to be free.

If it's going to be purely done as a PDF distribution, then the chance of it being Explorer's Edition-sized is much higher, since you'd have the control to print letter, 6.5" x 9", or two-up on letter.

But it never hurts to let us know if you've got a preference. ;-)
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

Kristian Serrano
Heroic

#4 Postby Kristian Serrano » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:23 am

EE-sized standalone Test Drive PDF would be nice.

Same for a Deluxe-compatible version of Showdown, if you're counting votes for that as well.

sablemage
Veteran

#5 Postby sablemage » Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:35 pm

Amaril wrote:EE-sized standalone Test Drive PDF would be nice.

Oh yes. May I also register a preference for being able to suppress the coloured background using PDF layering in the next one? I love TD06, but would love it more if I could do that.

thudthwacker
Novice

#6 Postby thudthwacker » Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:36 pm

Second on having the colored background be a PDF layer. The printer toner, she is expensive. :(

(Not that it matters much for me personally; just got my Savage Worlds Deluxe: Explorer's Edition a couple of days ago. :mrgreen: )

jpk
Legendary

#7 Postby jpk » Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:09 pm

sablemage wrote:Oh yes. May I also register a preference for being able to suppress the coloured background using PDF layering in the next one? I love TD06, but would love it more if I could do that.

I know you can do that with Wild Hunt, which has the most recent Test Drive rules in it.
Joel Kinstle

Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

Snate56
Legendary

#8 Postby Snate56 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:39 pm

I don't mind if it's letter sized, but maybe expanded a couple pages and using a larger font?
Then I could print it a bit smaller! :-D

SteveN
>Mark Twain<

jpk
Legendary

#9 Postby jpk » Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:41 pm

Snate56 wrote:I don't mind if it's letter sized, but maybe expanded a couple pages and using a larger font?

We'll see what we can do. We were a shade constrained on space for The Wild Hunt to make sure we got the rules, the adventure, and the goodies all within the practical page count for a printed freebie.

Layout's waaay easier if you only have to worry about producing an electronic copy. ;-)

Snate56
Legendary

#10 Postby Snate56 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:43 pm

Ha! Found my old post!

Hi guys, I know you're up to your armpits in stuff you're trying to get to the printer, but is there a new version of Test Drive in the works? Or is the Wild Hunt version the Deluxified version?

I, personally, do like a separate set of rules from the adventure because it typically has it's own cover that looks better printed up.

I, too, would still like to see a "starter set"; A zipped packet with the Test Drive rules, adventure, map, and standups. Maybe even with a box similar to the Aventure Deck box download.
All you'd need to add is dice. Well, and cards, and bennies! :lol:

SteveN
>Mark Twain<

PEGShane
Site Admin

#11 Postby PEGShane » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:17 pm

We are, indeed, up to our armpits right now, so it will be a while. But it's on the list.

Shane

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”