[Beasts and Barbarians) New Edge/Ability for Slavers

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Archmage
Novice

[Beasts and Barbarians) New Edge/Ability for Slavers

#1 Postby Archmage » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:18 am

Hi there,

I am writing the next adventure for my group (will be coming up after we complete Death of a Tyrant). I intend to have a group af Slavers as main adversaries, I looked through the book and thought I just take the stats for the Bandits and exchange the Ambush ability with something more suitable for a Slaver:

Lash of the whip

A Slaver wielding a whip can make an Intimidation roll against a large number of people. When he uses this ability he places a medium Burst template adjacent to himself, everybody under the template must resist against the Intimidation roll of the Slaver.

And then the Edge...

Former Slaver

Prerequisites : Seasoned, Intimidation D8+, Spirit D6+, Whip (only for using the edge not choosing it)

Years as a Slaver have taught you the method to effectivly control large groups of people with your whip.
As long as the character wields a Whip he can make an Intimidation roll against a larger group of people. Place a medium Burst template adjacent to you character and make an Intimidation roll, everybody under the Template must make a Spirit roll to resist.

If I remember correctly this very similiar to the Warcry ability from Evernight.

What do you think?

steelbrok
Veteran

#2 Postby steelbrok » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:57 am

I like it

Would the user get a bonus for having a whip (weapon) against anyone unarmed?

kaltorak
Veteran

#3 Postby kaltorak » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:59 am

I feel both of them very cool.
I only change the Edge name in something like "Rule of the Whip" or similar.

BTW, in the upcoming book Jalizar, City of Thieves there are stats for a new, very long Reach, type of whip (a Monk weapon).

Zadmar
Legendary

#4 Postby Zadmar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:50 am

Archmage wrote:If I remember correctly this very similiar to the Warcry ability from Evernight.

There's also a War Cry edge in Hellfrost. Both versions are Seasoned and limited by race, and the Hellfrost one further requires d8 in Intimidation. However they also use a LBT.

Being forced to use a whip is already pretty restrictive, I don't think it would be unreasonable to upgrade the MBT to a LBT.

Alternatively, perhaps the character could receive a +2 bonus when using the whip on a single individual. So they can choose between either a MBT (like a small War Cry) or +2 Intimidation (like Strong willed, except without the Taunt bonus), but not both at the same time.

Archmage
Novice

#5 Postby Archmage » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:55 am

Would the user get a bonus for having a whip (weapon) against anyone unarmed?

Haven`t thaught of this, but yeah sounds logical to me :twisted:

I only change the Edge name in something like "Rule of the Whip" or similar.

Yeah, that sounds more right for a Slaver...

Ok, then it goes like this :

Rule of the whip

A Slaver wielding a whip can make an Intimidation roll against a large number of people. When he uses this ability he places a medium Burst template adjacent to himself, everybody under the template must resist against the Intimidation roll of the Slaver, unarmed targets suffer a -2 penalty to their spirit roll to resist.

And then the Edge...

Former Slaver

Prerequisites : Seasoned, Intimidation D8+, Spirit D6+, Whip (only for using the edge not choosing it)

Years as a Slaver have taught you the method to effectivly control large groups of people with your whip.
As long as the character wields a Whip he can make an Intimidation roll against a larger group of people. Place a medium Burst template adjacent to you character and make an Intimidation roll, everybody under the Template must make a Spirit roll to resist, unarmed targets suffer a -2 penalty on their spirit roll to resist.
[/b]

Return to “SW Licensees”