[Rippers]Holy Fire Power Trapping Vs Immunity Fire

Information and comments on all Pinnacle official Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [SK] for Solomon Kane, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Wretch
Novice

[Rippers]Holy Fire Power Trapping Vs Immunity Fire

#1 Postby Wretch » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:12 pm

A player in my Rippers game has taken the Arcane Background Miracles, and I have allowed him to have the trapping "Holy Fire" for his bolt power rather than the suggested ray of light in the setting rules. I'm not sure however, that if a creature/demon has an immunity to fire, should it also be immune to the "Holy Fire"? It feels a bit on the mean side to say yes, but equally fire in Rippers is incredibly powerful already. The group already wade through the likes of a room full of servitor mummies with no fear, so long as this character is with them.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:54 pm

There are a few basic options.
1) Fire is Fire and Immunity is Immunity. You takes the bad with the good.
2) Holy burns demons; the power bypasses the immunity.
3) Compromise with a partial effect. They're immune to fire but, being demons, the holy part can still affect them.
So they take only half damage, or cannot suffer worse than a Shaken condition, or the damage is limited to no more than one wound per attack, or the demon can make a soak roll versus holy fire without having to spend a benny, or something else.

There are a lot of ways to handle this. Choose a basic approach that you are most comfortable with, and we can help you iron out the details to make it work.

Good luck!
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Wretch
Novice

#3 Postby Wretch » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:49 am

Thanks Valhalla, seems like obvious advise now you say it out loud! :-D

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#4 Postby ValhallaGH » Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:14 am

Wretch wrote:Thanks Valhalla, seems like obvious advise now you say it out loud! :-D

Hindsight is 20 / 20, and everything is "obvious" once someone else has done it. That was all I did, share other people's ideas.* :mrgreen: Just adapt them to your game and go nuts.

*Immunity (Super Powers Companion), Invulnerability (Core Rules), various "big boss threads" (PEG Forum), Loincloth Hero / Bikini Heroine (Beasts & Barbarians).
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “SW Official Settings & Companions”