Power-fully Confused

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

The Saint
Novice

Power-fully Confused

#1 Postby The Saint » Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:59 pm

Hi all. I've run a few sessions of Savage Worlds after gming Pathfinder, which is grand for fantasy (but too involved for me once the characters reached higher levels), and I truly enjoy the newfound freedom of Savage Worlds. In getting acquainted with the powers, I'm just wondering if I'm reading Entangle right. To cast "Entangle," it is an opposed roll, yes? But if this is the case, for the entangled to escape, is it yet another opposed roll, or does a simple roll of four suffice?

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer this!

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Power-fully Confused

#2 Postby Clint » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:45 pm

Truthseeker777 wrote:Hi all. I've run a few sessions of Savage Worlds after gming Pathfinder, which is grand for fantasy (but too involved for me once the characters reached higher levels), and I truly enjoy the newfound freedom of Savage Worlds. In getting acquainted with the powers, I'm just wondering if I'm reading Entangle right. To cast "Entangle," it is an opposed roll, yes? But if this is the case, for the entangled to escape, is it yet another opposed roll, or does a simple roll of four suffice?

The initial roll is opposed, but later rolls to escape are against the base TN of 4.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”