Random Deadlands Thoughts

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#61 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:01 pm

Thunderforge wrote:Uhh... which side of your ear was he whispering from? Are you Harrowed, Cutter?

I've had a demon in me for years. It's how I get so much work done. :wink:
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

slugsabi
Seasoned

#62 Postby slugsabi » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:25 pm

Cutter XXIII wrote:A little manitou just whispered in my ear we'll be seein' some good Deadlands badness in today's update.

Tell him today's nearly over and to crack on :)

Yuri
Veteran

#63 Postby Yuri » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Downloading as we speak... errr... type

Y
I think we're property - Charles Fort

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#64 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:00 pm

Slugsabi wrote:
Cutter XXIII wrote:A little manitou just whispered in my ear we'll be seein' some good Deadlands badness in today's update.

Tell him today's nearly over and to crack on :)

That's Eastern Standard Today. :wink:
Matthew Cutter

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#65 Postby Cutter XXIII » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:03 pm

In doing a little research for a project I'm working on, I went back to re-read The Great Maze classic sourcebook. There I found an interesting reference to Lynchburg and Red Rat being the richest mesa towns.

And yet, to my knowledge Red Rat isn't mentioned anywhere else in that book or any other. I love digging up unclaimed nuggets of awesome to play around with. :cool:
Matthew Cutter

iskandar
Novice

#66 Postby iskandar » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:54 pm

Cutter XXIII wrote:In doing a little research for a project I'm working on, I went back to re-read The Great Maze classic sourcebook. There I found an interesting reference to Lynchburg and Red Rat being the richest mesa towns.

And yet, to my knowledge Red Rat isn't mentioned anywhere else in that book or any other. I love digging up unclaimed nuggets of awesome to play around with. :cool:

deadlands, dropped metaplot items? Noooo, you must be joking! Even worse, you must be cackling.

jpk
Legendary

#67 Postby jpk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 8:01 pm

iskandar wrote:deadlands, dropped metaplot items? Noooo, you must be joking! Even worse, you must be cackling.

The raw liver that lands on a kitchen floor with a sickeningly adhesive splatter is dropped.

The thing in the jar--the thing that sometimes turns and you decide that it's because the sun has hit the pickling liquid while you're convincing yourself the pearl onion isn't an eye staring at you, always watching while you walk around your home and try not to wonder what strange compulsion keeps you from throwing out that horrible, horrible thing in the jar--is preserved for that just-right time.

There's a difference you know.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

iskandar
Novice

#68 Postby iskandar » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:12 pm

jpk wrote:
iskandar wrote:deadlands, dropped metaplot items? Noooo, you must be joking! Even worse, you must be cackling.

The raw liver that lands on a kitchen floor with a sickeningly adhesive splatter is dropped.

The thing in the jar--the thing that sometimes turns and you decide that it's because the sun has hit the pickling liquid while you're convincing yourself the pearl onion isn't an eye staring at you, always watching while you walk around your home and try not to wonder what strange compulsion keeps you from throwing out that horrible, horrible thing in the jar--is preserved for that just-right time.

A relationship wherein one of the members has to go away for a while whilst still keeping in touch and waiting to come back is preserved. Randomly busting in though the door, proclaiming your love to someone you left 10 years ago and never talked to is...something Hellstromme would probably do. "hey honey, sorry I kinda made you do that thing you did (dunno if there are posse types around) brought you an anniversary present though (once again, posse)

jpk
Legendary

#69 Postby jpk » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:22 pm

Perhaps I should've gone for "biding its time" rather than "preserved."

iskandar
Novice

#70 Postby iskandar » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:37 am

jpk wrote:Perhaps I should've gone for "biding its time" rather than "preserved."

nah, the mental image along of a drunken darrius hellstromme busting down the door in the palace of you know where while loudly proclaiming his love and fighting off the inevitable you know what's and managing to bring back you know who with the nice additional anniversary gift of only God really knows what in you know who's head was just too perfect.

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#71 Postby Cutter XXIII » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:27 am

Figured I'd re-post this here for anyone who doesn't frequent the comic book forum...

Cutter XXIII wrote:Folks, if you haven't yet checked out the Raven Kickstarter, please do!

We've added some new game-related perks, like an exclusive set of playing cards featuring characters from the one-shots, and a 16-page Deadlands Reloaded supplement to be included in the Raven TPB... written by Shane Hensley himself!

Climb up on the wagon with us, amigos. If we make the goal it's going to be a hell of a ride.
Matthew Cutter

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#72 Postby Cutter XXIII » Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:31 am

So...

Beginning of August we released Return to Manitou Bluff. September was Blood Drive 1. October was Blood Drive 2. Plus we're cooking up a very special Halloween release. And Blood Drive 3 follows hard on its heels in November.

What am I getting at?

We have a release schedule. :-D And it's chock-full.
Matthew Cutter

Kaspar
Seasoned

#73 Postby Kaspar » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:25 pm

Cutter XXIII wrote:So...

Beginning of August we released Return to Manitou Bluff. September was Blood Drive 1. October was Blood Drive 2. Plus we're cooking up a very special Halloween release. And Blood Drive 3 follows hard on its heels in November.

What am I getting at?

We have a release schedule. :-D And it's chock-full.
Let's see it then
:razz:

Seeker Jon
Heroic

#74 Postby Seeker Jon » Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Awesome news Matt! I picked up the first two Blood Drive adventures, and plan on using them to kick off a new campaign. And I would love a Halloween themed interlude to toss into the mix. Glad to see you're continuing the high quality of Deadlands releases, and definitely increasing the quantity.

And while I'm sure you can't say, any chance of seeing the hinted at Deadlands towns book anytime soon?

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#75 Postby Cutter XXIII » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:54 pm

Kaspar wrote: Let's see it then :razz:

Awww, you know I can't do that! :)

Seeker of Truth wrote:And while I'm sure you can't say, any chance of seeing the hinted at Deadlands towns book anytime soon?

Three words: "Halloween themed interlude"
Matthew Cutter

Thunderforge
Veteran

#76 Postby Thunderforge » Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:35 pm

A solid release schedule?! :eek:

The Big List of Upcoming Pinnacle Products has been updated to include it!
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#77 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:18 am

Another Deadlands pre-order/PDF release coming your way today, amigos!

Check the Tuesday Update later this afternoon for the lowdown.
Matthew Cutter

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#78 Postby Cutter XXIII » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:08 pm

So, have you picked up Ghost Towns yet?

Here's a preview of our seven new Strange Locales...

Devil's Backbone: An inland California town thrust to lofty heights by the Great Quake, yet sinking into the depths of starvation, Devil's Backbone's residents may not be long for this world.

Grant's Pass/Xin Huihuang: At the southern edge of the Sioux Nations sits this Union railhead, cut off from the Union Blue line and divided between two cultures: East and West.

Culverton: Culverton's nestled in a tributary of the Mississippi, a city desperate for recognition but plagued by legends of the dead Pirate Buckley.

Josephine: Named for the daughter of its long-dead founder, Josephine brings a bit of Old Europe to the Great Northwest...and with it, a curse that grips the countryside in fear.

Hope Falls: You'd think a natural spring, waterfall, and New Science power station would be boons to this Southwestern town, but they've brought only disappointment and misery...and things are getting worse!

Rulamer: Deep in the Great Maze, the secret route to this haven for pirates and cutthroats has yet to be discovered. That hasn't stopped Kang from trying.

Wagonsend: This town is a circus—literally! But behind the carnival facade insensate evil lurks, and feeds on the unwary.
Matthew Cutter

slugsabi
Seasoned

#79 Postby slugsabi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:53 pm

Yes, yes I have.

Appears there is an option I turned on in my account to auto-buy/download the DL:R tuff automatically.

Keep it up :)

slugsabi
Seasoned

#80 Postby slugsabi » Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:02 pm

(To clarify, the comment about auto-purchase was a glib one).

As my Posse have just cleared Ghost Tears Isle and are heading towards Devil's Post-piles having Devil's Backbone written up is almost perfect, a perfect stopping point in gaining access to what lies beneath. Just needs a wee bit tweaking due to their legendary status. Yet also plays into the hands of the compulsion one player has to bring the law to the land whilst wielding Jehremiah D. Redd's Pistol (an old Judge...).

So, ta, ta very much.

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”