[Totems of the Dead] Feral Ones question

Discussion of products from third-party companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Kodyax
Veteran

[Totems of the Dead] Feral Ones question

#1 Postby Kodyax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:37 am

Just how deeply is their connection to the animal world? I was reading that and one of my first thoughts was, could I twist this into making human-animal hybrid heroes that interact with the other humans in this setting? Especially if one were to say add the Brawny edge and arrange things to have a hero have the Shamanism arcane background with at least one totem being bear and have all that translate into a mystical hero that is in some ways that settings' version of Smokey.

DavidJ
Heroic

Re: [Totems of the Dead] Feral Ones question

#2 Postby DavidJ » Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:17 am

Kodyax wrote:Just how deeply is their connection to the animal world? I was reading that and one of my first thoughts was, could I twist this into making human-animal hybrid heroes that interact with the other humans in this setting? Especially if one were to say add the Brawny edge and arrange things to have a hero have the Shamanism arcane background with at least one totem being bear and have all that translate into a mystical hero that is in some ways that settings' version of Smokey.

Hiya,

I tend to follow the "If you want to change it, do it," sort of mentality with characters.

If you think there's a possibility that this concept will work well in your game, then make it happen. The goal is to have fun!

The feral ones are pretty "devolved" in terms of their connection to the outside world, but that isn't to say there aren't exceptions to the rule.
David Jarvis
Owner, Gun Metal Games

Kodyax
Veteran

#3 Postby Kodyax » Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:41 pm

I also liked the addition of the Star Child in the monster section. I follow UFO trends just enough to know what it is and can appreciate it greatly.

Return to “SW Licensees”