[Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate

Discussion of products from companies licensed to produce SW products. Company specific threads should be marked with their name in brackets.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

BryanH
Seasoned

#21 Postby BryanH » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:51 am

Wolfson wrote:Buck up, Bryan... :lol:

I'll remember that when you're facing off with the Red Baron next month, Wolfie. :twisted:

It's been a challenging but very educational time working on this. But hopefully it will provide some great savage gaming. I hope we have a chance to talk shop soon.

(Edited for excessive emoticon use.)

BPIJonathan
Seasoned

Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate

#22 Postby BPIJonathan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:22 pm

Enpeze wrote: No seriously, dont you backup your company files? (I have a triple backup for every file in my company, so I cannot loose any data anymore)

Yes, but I hadnt in a couple of weeks. I had gone out to get some discs to back up the last update and while I was out my cat decided that it was a QB and tackled it, right off my desk. (I store stuff on an external drive). I am now looking to recover the data, but have to locate a recovery service that wont charge me an arm and a leg to do it.
Jonathan M. Thompson
Battlefield Press, Inc | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan.

BPIJonathan
Seasoned

Re: [Battlefield Press] Kaiser's Gate

#23 Postby BPIJonathan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 12:25 pm

BryanH wrote:The gent who created the setting notes: "...[T]he graphic novel Arrowsmith (by Kurt Busiek and Carlos Pacheco) and the movie Flyboys were the primary inspirations for Kaiser’s Gate. If you enjoy this setting, chances are you’d probably like those too."
:1xyxthumbs:

Somehow when working on my part I totally missed the reference to Arrowsmith, but I probably just ignored it since I had never heard of it.
Jonathan M. Thompson

Battlefield Press, Inc | "Imagination will take us to worlds that never were, but without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan.

BryanH
Seasoned

#24 Postby BryanH » Fri May 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Wolfson wrote:Buck up, Bryan... :lol:

I did... finally. Let's hope things are going well for Jonathan. The early part of this year was brutal for me. Took far too long to get back to the measly edits needed from the playtest and Jonathan's feedback, but the revised version is in his hands now.

At some point, savages everywhere will have an opportunity to take to the skies on a griffon o' war and sling spells from their favorite cultural motif.

Did I mention this book has a new, no-power-points magic system (AB: Spellbinding) and extensive examples to help players and GMs create their own custom spellbinding traditions? It's way cool, if I do say so myself. Lots of nifty magic items, too, like the amulet of protection from bullets.
:cool:
Published works:
"Cold Snap" in Lords of Justice
"Blood, like Roots" in Flashing Swords #12

BPIJonathan
Seasoned

#25 Postby BPIJonathan » Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 pm

BryanH wrote: but the revised version is in his hands now.

Now its in the hands of layout. So, at some point it will be ready for release. I dont mind releasing some snippits if we can get some people to support a Kickstart on it.

BryanH wrote:Did I mention this book has a new, no-power-points magic system (AB: Spellbinding) and extensive examples to help players and GMs create their own custom spellbinding traditions? It's way cool, if I do say so myself. Lots of nifty magic items, too, like the amulet of protection from bullets. :cool:

Nope, dont think anyone knows anything about those items. :D
Jonathan M. Thompson

BPIJonathan
Seasoned

#26 Postby BPIJonathan » Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:26 am

The books should be to the backers soon, we have received the proof and have authorized the release.
Jonathan M. Thompson

BPIJonathan
Seasoned

#27 Postby BPIJonathan » Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:54 pm

Welcome to the newest Savage Worlds expansion to the ever popular Kaisers Gate (an alternate history World War I setting created by Mike Lafferty). This book was spun out of the need for expanded material, and this manuscript, penned by Bill Ogden, evolved into a book about how mounts can make a big difference in the Great War. It takes items alluded to in the original Kaisers Gate and makes them a reality.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/129 ... l-volume-1
Jonathan M. Thompson

ogbendog
Legendary

#28 Postby ogbendog » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:38 pm

KS is half way to being funded. Note that if you missed Kaiser's Gate the first time around, you can buy it in the kickstarter for a reduced price

mikelaff72
Novice

#29 Postby mikelaff72 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:03 pm

ogbendog wrote:KS is half way to being funded. Note that if you missed Kaiser's Gate the first time around, you can buy it in the kickstarter for a reduced price

This Kickstarter is now at 75% funded. Just a scant $250 away from hitting goal.

So close - it's literally painful.

If you're interested in seeing more Kaiser's Gate - (or if you dig the idea of Great War/Fantasy mashups with dog-fighting griffins and wyverns) please give the Kickstarter a look.

If you've already backed - please mention the KS on your social media. Word of mouth is our best method of getting the word out at this point.

So close....

ogbendog
Legendary

#30 Postby ogbendog » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:15 pm

A couple of options were added recently
You can get it in hardcover as an addon
You can git is signed by the author (Me!) as an addon

Shoot, you could do both.
Bill Ogden
Author of Kaiser's Gate Field Manual Vol 1: Mounts, now available for purchase.

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/119241/Ka ... ual-Mounts

mikelaff72
Novice

#31 Postby mikelaff72 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:34 pm

ogbendog wrote:A couple of options were added recently

hey - we just hit $810. less than 200 to go now!

mikelaff72
Novice

#32 Postby mikelaff72 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:42 am

mikelaff72 wrote:
ogbendog wrote:A couple of options were added recently

hey - we just hit $810. less than 200 to go now!

920 now! Less than 100 before we hit goal and the Field Manual is greenlit

ogbendog
Legendary

#33 Postby ogbendog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:38 am

But what does it cover? What Magical Mounts ?

There are flying mounts. Pegasi, Sphinxes, and Rocs in Greece and the Middle East.
There are ground mounts. Giant Crabs, Manticores, and Drakes (flightless dragons) in the trenches of France.
There are enchanted "mounts". Walking huts, armed with machines guns and cannons striding out of Imperial Russia.

It fleshes out the geography and altered history of Serbia, Greece, and the Suez Region.

It adds a new playable race with a unique spellbinding, adds rules for ritual magic, and adds seven magic items appropriate for the regions.
Bill Ogden

mikelaff72
Novice

#34 Postby mikelaff72 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:43 am

ogbendog wrote:But what does it cover? What Magical Mounts ?

There are flying mounts. Pegasi, Sphinxes, and Rocs in Greece and the Middle East.
There are ground mounts. Giant Crabs, Manticores, and Drakes (flightless dragons) in the trenches of France.
There are enchanted "mounts". Walking huts, armed with machines guns and cannons striding out of Imperial Russia.

It fleshes out the geography and altered history of Serbia, Greece, and the Suez Region.

It adds a new playable race with a unique spellbinding, adds rules for ritual magic, and adds seven magic items appropriate for the regions.

Bill - do you have any previews we can show folks here? Maybe snippets of the new spellbinding or some of the new mounts?

ogbendog
Legendary

#35 Postby ogbendog » Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:54 pm

The kickstarter page has 8 sample pages on it, including the stats for the Giant Crab, the Spellbinding, some of the rituals.

I can give a quick list of the magic items
Dragon's Teeth
Dragon's Fang
Dragon Pouch
Elemental Prison
Elemental Rod
Flying Carpet
Winged Sandals
Bill Ogden

ogbendog
Legendary

#36 Postby ogbendog » Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:43 pm

$25 away ...
Bill Ogden

ogbendog
Legendary

#37 Postby ogbendog » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:16 pm

And it's backed. Woo-hoo! My career as an rpg writer is off to a glorious start. Soon fame and fortune will be mine !
Bill Ogden

ogbendog
Legendary

#38 Postby ogbendog » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:20 pm

And if you didn't back it, you can buy the pdf now
Bill Ogden

BryanH
Seasoned

Adventures & Archetypes

#39 Postby BryanH » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:20 pm

http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/1 ... 0_1600_0_0

Adventures & Archetypes is now available for the savage world of Kaiser's Gate. It was the first stretch goal for the Kick Starter. A&A is a set of 5 "one sheet" scenarios which each highlight a different facet of the game. There is one for each rank of Savage Worlds and have a pre-generated team of six PCs, so any group can see what it's like to play at Heroic or Legendary.

It's been a long haul and I appreciate everyone's patience. I hope the Kaiser's Gate fans out there enjoy these adventures. The 4th entry is a double-length re-vamp of the original Kaiser's Gate adventure Shadow of the Zeppelin.

Thanks, Mike Lafferty, for creating such a cool setting. And thanks again to Jonathan for the opportunity.
Published works:

"Cold Snap" in Lords of Justice

"Blood, like Roots" in Flashing Swords #12

ogbendog
Legendary

#40 Postby ogbendog » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:38 pm

A review has been posted for Field Manual Vol 1
Bill Ogden

Return to “SW Licensees”