[Classic] Missed Me! and Diversion

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Tinhorn Huckster
Seasoned

[Classic] Missed Me! and Diversion

#1 Postby Tinhorn Huckster » Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:35 am

Hey there, guys! Long time no see! :-)

So, I'm happy to say I'll be playing in a new DL game soon (yay! I really missed it!), and once again, I'll be playing a Huckster (I know, I know... I might lose points for creativity, but at least I'm consistent in my preferences :razz: ).

But anyway, here's the thing: Missed Me!'s related Trait is Spirit in both the original rulebook and the Weird West Player's Guide, but Smarts in Hucksters & Hexes. Which is the correct one?

As for Diversion, it's Trait in Hucksters & Hexes is Smarts. But since it's thematically so similar to Missed Me!, should its Trait be changed to Spirit, in case Spirit is the correct Trait for Missed Me! ?
Why, yes, indeed: I am rather proud of my skill at discourse - my rhetorics, if you will. It would be my great pleasure to broker peace between you good sirs and the Indians.
Incidentally, would any of you gentlemen lend me a deck?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 pm

The most recently published rules are the official precedent. The Revised Player's Guide was the most recent printing, so use what it says (Spirit).

As for Diversion, I'll point out that Bluff and Ridicule are both Smarts-based. That is a lot of thematic connection with Diversion.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Tinhorn Huckster
Seasoned

#3 Postby Tinhorn Huckster » Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:19 am

I see. Thanks!
Why, yes, indeed: I am rather proud of my skill at discourse - my rhetorics, if you will. It would be my great pleasure to broker peace between you good sirs and the Indians.
Incidentally, would any of you gentlemen lend me a deck?

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”