Help! Minis for Holidays?

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

vickeya
Seasoned

Help! Minis for Holidays?

#1 Postby vickeya » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:48 am

Hello!

I'm the assistant editor for Savage Insider. I'm writing an article on using minis and related accessories that are relative to fall and winter holidays in games. The holidays can be real or imagined and still celebrated or not.

I've got some ideas about things like Christmas trees and pumpkins, but I'm hoping some folks here can point me to minis they use for iconic figures like Santa Claus, the Grim Reaper, Jack Frost, etc. Of if you use figures to represent gods, goddess, and others from a variety of pantheons where they would play into scenarios about harvest/Thanksgiving, Halloween/Samhain, Yule/other winter holidays.

As this will be part of an article, I'd love to be able to attribute leads, tips, and ideas to whomever provides them. Comments on your favorite source(s) for skeletons and other easier-to-find minis that would fit the theme are also welcome.

I need to wrap up the article by September 15, so while folks might add to this thread after that, I'll only be able to use information for this article that I get in time to write it. You can also send messages with the subject "Savage Insider: Holiday Minis Article) to me at vabeaver@vabeaver.com.

Thanks for your help!

Vickey

Citrine
Novice

#2 Postby Citrine » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:14 pm

Other Mike
Seasoned

#3 Postby Other Mike » Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:37 pm

Coppelstone Castings has Evil Snowmen
http://www.copplestonecastings.co.uk/range.php?range=CC

I thought there was a Santa as well, but I does not seem to be there now.
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#4 Postby Jordan Peacock » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:20 pm

To add onto Citrine's list, there are also some snowmen:

* 03296: Monstrous Snowmen (3)

There are plenty of goblins, ghouls, ghosts and such, but I figured one keyword I could search on for a very Halloween look would be "pumpkin." (There's some overlap with Citrine's list here -- sorry!)

* 03377: Rotpatch, Pumpkin Golem

* 03356: Pumpkin Horrors

* 02992: Jack o' Lantern & Pumpkins

* 02870: Familiar Pack VI (Halloween Familiars)

* 02869: Elise the Witch

* 01416: Sophie in Cat Costume

For Thanksgiving:

* 03536: Thanksgiving Mouslings

* 02861: Abram Duskwalker (a pilgrim? :D -- okay, it's a stretch)

* 50113: Native American Chieftain

I tried looking for a turkey, but here's the best I was able to find. (Maybe get some putty and stick a "pilgrim hat" on this guy, and give him some pants, and he could make a Thanksgiving-themed fantasy figure?)

* 03526: Dorly Luckrock, Halfling Scout

Cryonic
Veteran

#5 Postby Cryonic » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:53 am

LEGO has some holiday themed guys.

vickeya
Seasoned

Thanks!

#6 Postby vickeya » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:07 pm

Thanks, everyone!

You'll see the article Holidays of Miniature Proportion in the October issue of Savage Insider releasing in the next week or so.

Have a great day!

Vickey

vickeya
Seasoned

Issue with Article Released

#7 Postby vickeya » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 am

In case you didn't see it over at the licensee forum, Savage Insider: Holidays and Havoc is out. The article, Holidays of Miniature Proportion, and my letter from the editor mention the great group of people that came to my aid.

The issue is available for free as usual and, for the first time, for a donation so we can establish an art budget for those times we don't get an artist to trade an illustration for an ad. The content is EXACTLY the same.

Thanks again to all of the wonderful help and the time you gave to give me the resources to put together our first mini article in a long time.

Have a terrific day!

Vickey

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”