Necessary Evil/DC-MARVEL?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

robdavisrgg
Novice

Necessary Evil/DC-MARVEL?

#1 Postby robdavisrgg » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:17 am

I am thinking of running a game of Necessary Evil. I however am a BIG fan of the DC Verse. Has anyone else run this using Marvel/DC? How did it work out for you? Any advice?
Unstoppable Force Game Designs

Jonah Hex
Veteran

#2 Postby Jonah Hex » Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:12 am

I ran an NE game a while back in the DCU. I was fluctuating as to whether to use DC or Marvel when DCA came out using Mutants & Masterminds which, no offense to SW, I prefer for supers.

For the most part, it went great. I used Luthor for Dr. Destruction (power armour and gadgeteer and all that), dropped some names, and seeded the resistance with some dcu villains and even the occasional hero who survived (mostly urban type characters who could easily hide from the bad guys like Cheshire, Nightwing, etc.).

I tried to reskin as much as I could (Constantine in A Day in the Life of a Hero, Fearsome Five in Hunting the Hunters), , had the V'sori take over some Star Labs, tweaked DC Atlanteans a bit, etc., and ran with it.
Playing GURPS Victorian Monster Hunters (hiatus)
Playing/running D&D 5e Encounters
Running GURPS Deadlands (Last Sons)

robdavisrgg
Novice

#3 Postby robdavisrgg » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:15 am

That sounds very close to what I want to do. Big DC fan here. How did it work out for you?
Unstoppable Force Game Designs

Noshrok Grimskull
Legendary

#4 Postby Noshrok Grimskull » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:57 am

I ran NE as is, but threw in tons of references to Marvel, DC and just about anything else comicbook-related.
It was great fun and had the shield of Captain America end up as a fruit bowl on the couch table of my group's lair!
Also, I threw in some TV show and movie stuff and tons of 80's cartoon references as well.
So at one point the group broke into the secure vault of a super-rich collector of rare and obscure stuff, including proton packs, a smashed up DeLorean, the hat of Abraham Lincoln, several Bat Belts, a South American jade mask (yes, THE Mask!), and a silver-black Walther P-38 fitted with stock, scope and silencer, placed in a stasis field. Yes, that was Megatron! And yes, the players recognized the reference and were seriously contemplating about letting him out!!
"If you think I'm crazy, you should see the people I'm locked up with." - Steamdriven

"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes 'ding' when there's stuff." - The Doctor (Doctor Who)

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”