Hell on Earth: elevator pitch

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Kurt Wiegel
Seasoned

Hell on Earth: elevator pitch

#1 Postby Kurt Wiegel » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:29 pm

HEy all

I really like the Hell on Earth setting (truthfully more than I like the normal Deadlands setting). My only issue with it is its so big that I'm having trouble coming up with an elevator pitch for the game. I have similar issues with Blue Planet and Fading Suns.

Any suggestions?

robert4818
Heroic

Re: Hell on Earth: elevator pitch

#2 Postby robert4818 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:46 pm

Kurt Wiegel wrote:HEy all

I really like the Hell on Earth setting (truthfully more than I like the normal Deadlands setting). My only issue with it is its so big that I'm having trouble coming up with an elevator pitch for the game. I have similar issues with Blue Planet and Fading Suns.

Any suggestions?

Its a mix of Post-apocalyptic sci-fi with the old west. In some ways it's like Firefly's mix of space sci-fi and the old west.
Aperture Science:
We do what we must, because we can.

greyseerco
Seasoned

#3 Postby greyseerco » Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:13 pm

"Mad Max" meets "Evil Dead" meets "The Good the Bad and the Ugly", as players wander a Post Apocalyptic Wasteland where Horror is as much a threat as Starvation. So put on your duster, grab your automatic shotgun and saddle up on your motorcycle as we head into Hell on Earth.

Drue
Seasoned

#4 Postby Drue » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:46 pm

greyseerco wrote:"Mad Max" meets "Evil Dead" meets "The Good the Bad and the Ugly", as players wander a Post Apocalyptic Wasteland where Horror is as much a threat as Starvation. So put on your duster, grab your automatic shotgun and saddle up on your motorcycle as we head into Hell on Earth.

This should be on the back cover of HoE!

Ray
Veteran

#5 Postby Ray » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Spaghetti Western with Radioactive Meat. :twisted:
"Grab a wackin' stick, boy! Time to learn these here undead some manners!" - Percy Spencer, to his Son, Kevin.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#6 Postby ValhallaGH » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:52 am

The world blew up, the four horsemen ride across the land, and you're striving to survive the irradiated wastes. Maybe you'll scavenge up a hover tank and save the world. :blam:

That's not random. My HOE posse found a skysweep, and then two sessions later found an M-26 power hover tank. Thank you random scavenging table.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

King Snarf
Seasoned

#7 Postby King Snarf » Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:20 am

Thundarr the Barbarian with more guns.

VonDan
Legendary

#8 Postby VonDan » Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:36 am

Your mission should you accept it and endeavor to save humanity from a dark eternity enslaved to fear,

You must travel to the equatorial base station of the abandoned space elevator and attempt to find a way to ascend it's lofty spire to the space station in geo synch orbit at the upper end ware rest the last operational star ship and salvation of earth, The USS Unity

Along the way you will have to fight off a team of Techno Scavengers, A Sky Pirate outpost, bloated free fall mutants and the ghost of space stewardesses (who prefer to be call fright attendants) all the while the blind natural fury of typhoon zatoichi will lash at the space elevator and make it pitch to and fro

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”