Plenty of Colt, but what about Remington and Smith & Wes

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

operations
Seasoned

Plenty of Colt, but what about Remington and Smith & Wes

#1 Postby operations » Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:41 pm

Mostly talking pistols here. Rifles and carbines have a good mix.

I expect the lack of Smith &Wesson guns is because they never met in the alternate history (heace Smith & Robards) but what about Winchester and Remignton guns?

Or are they functionally similar enough that you can just call, for example, the Peacemaker a Remington 1875?
~~KT~~

Ray
Veteran

#2 Postby Ray » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:05 pm

Actually, there are Smith & Wesson pistols galore (S&W founded in 1852, before Deadlands splits from our own timeline), along with Remingtons of all types and Winchester Rifles and Carbines.

Law Dogs ( http://www.peginc.com/shop/deadlands-classic-law-dogs/ ) had a lot of the nuts and bolts.
"Grab a wackin' stick, boy! Time to learn these here undead some manners!" - Percy Spencer, to his Son, Kevin.

Jonah Hex
Veteran

#3 Postby Jonah Hex » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:51 am

Besides, Smith & Robards replaced Sears & Roebuck, not Smith & Wesson, hence the initials.
Playing GURPS Victorian Monster Hunters (hiatus)
Playing/running D&D 5e Encounters
Running GURPS Deadlands (Last Sons)

operations
Seasoned

#4 Postby operations » Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:23 pm

So, is that a different smith then (Very possible with that last name, I know)?

I'm still a little new to running Deadlands. I played classic about 10 years ago. I prefer the mechanics on the Reloaded version though. So, I'm still hammering out a few of the butterfly effects from the timeline split on the Marshall side.
~~KT~~

RJack
Seasoned

Re: Plenty of Colt, but what about Remington and Smith &

#5 Postby RJack » Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:35 pm

Completely different Smith.

operations wrote:Or are they functionally similar enough that you can just call, for example, the Peacemaker a Remington 1875?

Pretty much this. As Ray points out, Law Dogs has an expanded weapons list (for Classic stats), but many of those stats, especially for pistols, are identical.

It's not that difficult to suss out what the Savage Worlds stats for many of those pistols should be, though. Range is nearly always 12/24/48, damage is 2d6+1 for larger calibers, 2d6 for smaller, and add AP1. Those pistols that are still percussion get reload 2.

operations
Seasoned

#6 Postby operations » Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Kinda what I figured, but you would have thought there would be a sidebar.

I was always partial to the S&W Model 3 (Schofield .45), which is in Essence the same as the Peacemaker... Maybe when my NPC (small game, two players, so I play a 'normal' 3rd person) upgrades his sidearm.
~~KT~~

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”