Cadillacs & Dinosaurs

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

manifold
Veteran

DAR size

#21 Postby manifold » Sat Sep 29, 2012 5:07 am

I think this effort would be well-served with a Day After Ragnarok format. DAR is almost like a concentrated setting; there's so much info in that little, thin book! And it's almost all Go; the "fluff" all adds something that could be gamed. There's nothing that is "just information."

That said, DAR and with the Monster Island Serpent Scale could do C&D pretty well.

I'm not making my point very well. A good C&D doesn't have to be super-detailed or super long; it has to be super gamable. That, in my opinion, is what makes DAR such a great, compelling product and setting. It's not the word count; it's that every word counts.

Jeffrywith1e
Seasoned

#22 Postby Jeffrywith1e » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:52 pm

BigJackBrass wrote:
Count Zero wrote:I'm pretty sure you can do C&D already, without any extra rules. ;)

There's even a rather spiffy Savage Worlds character sheet for it, done by Charlie Bananas I think: the site is down, unfortunately, so this is rather a tease for those who don't already have a copy :oops:

Found that character sheet, btw...

http://users.telenet.be/zybermax/nbh/ss_c&d_cs.pdf

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”