PPM kickstarter fitting for 50F / PotSM

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Sean-Khan
Veteran

PPM kickstarter fitting for 50F / PotSM

#1 Postby Sean-Khan » Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:31 am

I just heard of this and thought of sharing; If I'm not wrong this is the first PPM kickstarter project, hopefully it will fly well!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194 ... l-wave-dcm

Sean-Khan
Veteran

#2 Postby Sean-Khan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:18 am

The previous try was cancelled, here's a new one, and it desperately needs funders! If it gets big, it will have a large amount of sculpts, and unpainted miniatures fans can get to similar miniatures for money -ratio than with hugely popular Reaper's project!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194 ... ave-redeux

farik
Seasoned

#3 Postby farik » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:27 am

I've been looking at this kickstarter and I'll Amit it's a combination of 3 things that makes me hesitate.

1) the goal is rather high, I understand a young company needs capital but if that much money is needed it implies the project isn't very scalable.

2) tha company is young, combine this with my first concern and I start to wonder if the profit margin and distribution strategies are sound

3) the long wait time on the project. With almost a year between project funding and project completion it implies the supply line isn't stable.

No single one of these things would stop me from donating but the combination of all three is causing me to hesitate.

Count Zero
Legendary

#4 Postby Count Zero » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:34 pm

I bought some of the tentacle figs from them a few months ago. Very good quality and shipped to me in 4 days. So they're not entirely new to the game, just trying to get bigger. I don't need nautical figs at the moment but I would pitch in if I did.
I'm not an adversarial GM. I am a facilitator of awesomeness. - Dr Rotwang

Other Mike
Seasoned

#5 Postby Other Mike » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:21 pm

Considering that I can already get setting specific 50 Fathoms miniatures, as well as Pirates and their ilk, the specific miniatures they show in their kickstarter do very little for me. Still, the price is not bad ... I might give minimal support to pick up a couple of the more unique ones.

That said, since they are plastic, these are going to cost a lot more to make, so the higher KS level makes sense. Still ...

Hmm, they do have some interesting tentacles for sale on their website. :-)
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”