Queen City Conquest, Sep. 21-23, Buffalo, NY

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

What do you think of when you think of Buffalo?

Snow
38%
Bad football teams
63%
Great bars
No votes

Total votes: 8

TheLoremaster
Legendary

Queen City Conquest, Sep. 21-23, Buffalo, NY

#1 Postby TheLoremaster » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:30 am

I coulda swore I posted about this already, but search is turning up nada, so ...

In September, the Buffalo Gamer's Society will be hosting Queen City Conquest, a gaming convention to be held in beautiful downtown Buffalo, NY! Only $10 for the weekend, this show is planned to have all sorts of gaming events happening. Check it out at http://www.queencityconquest.com/. Event submission is already open, and event registration is planned to start next week. We will be planning on having a number of Savage events, including (of course!) Savage Saturday Night!

Hope to see you there!
"Your GM is metagaming ... and wrong!"

Other Mike
Seasoned

#2 Postby Other Mike » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:36 pm

Buffalo? Snow? :| It's all relative.

Back when I was in college (Michigan Tech), a big storm would come through and we would hear about how hard Buffalo had been hit and how it had more or less shut down. We got twice as much snow from the storm, but it was business as usual. :-) Granted, it was a record, but we got 33 feet of snow my freshman year. Gotta go to Oswego before I'm impressed with the snow here in NY. I enjoy the mild winters we have here in Rochester. :wink:

Queen City Conquest is a great idea, especially since it's in the fall and there is a great lack of local Cons. For now, I plan on attending, so long as nothing comes up.

Hey Norm ... if the snow scares you away from RunningGAGG, how about joining us for this one?
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#3 Postby TheLoremaster » Sun Jan 01, 2012 6:15 pm

Other Mike wrote:Buffalo? Snow? :| It's all relative.

True dat. And when I got married in September, it was 90 degrees out. :eek: So, yeah, September in Buffalo is niiiiice...

I hope we see some of the Ohio crew up for this one!

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#4 Postby TheLoremaster » Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:07 am

Holy frijoles, it's almost here! Queen City Conquest is just one short month away! Pre-reg is open until September 10th, and there's a lot of great games on the schedule. Come hang out with Phil Veccione of Gnome Stew, and Tracy "Sarah Darkmagic" Hurley. Shop with our favorite vendors, including Dragon Snack Games and Dark Forest Games. And, of course, don't forget to visit Savage Saturday Night! It's going to be an AWESOME time!

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#5 Postby TheLoremaster » Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:15 pm

More great news! Phil Vecchione is going to be running Savage All For One! at the Savage Saturday Night for us at QCC! How cool is that! :D

Other Mike
Seasoned

#6 Postby Other Mike » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:43 pm

I'll be there on Saturday ... and added a short Rippers event in the morning.

Other Mike
Seasoned

#7 Postby Other Mike » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:24 am

Enjoyable Con! Very well run, especially considering this was the first one. I could only afford to go for Saturday, but still ran and played some excellent Savage Worlds game, and saw a lot of "Con Friends."

TheLoremaster
Legendary

#8 Postby TheLoremaster » Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:02 pm

Yep, making a note here: HUGE success!

This was the first year for the show, and even with that, there were 200+ attendees, including a Savage game in every slot, and 4 tables for SSN. Special thanks go out to Phil Vecchione for joining us, and to Ken Murray for stepping up and running his first ever convention game. Kudos guys!

If you weren't there, you missed out ... see you next year!

Return to “The Con Suite”