[NE] Deluxe-ified?

Information and comments on all Pinnacle original Savage Settings plus our genre-based Companions. Please note the product with an abbreviation in the Subject line (ex. [FC] for Fantasy Companion, [NE] for Necessary Evil, and so on). Note: Deadlands has its own forum below as do licensed settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

MagusRogue
Seasoned

[NE] Deluxe-ified?

#1 Postby MagusRogue » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey I'm starting up a new gaming group and we're going to run through Necessary Evil. I heard that there may be an updated reprint of the Explorer's Edition? Any chance of updating the plot point with some of the new situational rules, such as adding Social Conflicts or Dramatic Tasks?

If no, good sirs of the forums, any suggestions on encorporating these into the existing plot point campaign?

Oh and as an aside, SavageGamerGirl has inspired me! I'll definately be doing a Tumblr (or something like it) going over our campaign. With these guys, it's gonna be... epic.
Adam Loyd
Freelancer and Proofreader (check me out in the Noir books!)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand this rant is over.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:12 pm

Suggestion the first: Read the amazing thread by Gospog detailing his (wife's) Necessary Evil game. http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20443 That's one highly customized Plot Point.

You can use Dramatic Tasks for pretty much every disarm / unlock / hacking task in the campaign. Social Conflicts are simply the mechanic to resolve various interrogations / recruitment / influence scenes.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Return to “SW Pinnacle Original Settings & Companions”