Female Muckraker Mini

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Uthoroc
Novice

Female Muckraker Mini

#1 Postby Uthoroc » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:03 am

One of the players in my upcoming Deadlands campaign is playing a female muckraker (from Chicago). I've been looking all over for a suitable mini for her, but alas muckrakers - especially women - seems to be very rare!

Reaper seems to be doing Lacy O'Malley soon, but that still leaves female reporters/journalists out in the cold.

Does anyone know of a suitable miniature for the weird west setting that would fit such a character?

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:00 am

A few suggestions in this thread. Many thanks to the awesome Jordan Peacock.

Specifically, start with his various Mad Scientist or Huckster females and change the things in the hands into a notepad. The female Texas Ranger could also be converted by replacing her pistol with a notepad or camera.

Good luck!
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Jordan Peacock
Legendary

#3 Postby Jordan Peacock » Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 am

One thought is that if I were going to do a muckraker/photographer conversion, I'd go with a period-authentic box camera on a tripod, rather than the 1920s-ish camera that Lacy O'Malley is sported as carrying. (Yes, I know in Deadlands they have "Spirit Cameras" that are remarkably ahead of the times, but it just doesn't feel "Old West" to me.)

That way, the figure of choice could be standing up normally, and the tripod box camera (a box, some sticks/wires/toothpicks for a tripod, some green putty for a drape, and something for a front lens) could be put on the front of the base (though the figure itself would need to be moved back to make room, and likely couldn't just conveniently be slotted into the 30mm base like usual).

I might keep that in mind for a conversion of the "Female Huckster" figure: use some putty to fix her dress, replace the cards with a some hand holding a rod that I could turn into a flash lamp, and put something representing a camera on a tripod on the front of the base.

Uthoroc
Novice

#4 Postby Uthoroc » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:19 am

So far I haven't done much in the way of conversions, but I might have to in this case. Thanks for the pointers.

Other Mike
Seasoned

#5 Postby Other Mike » Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:40 am

I needed similar, and used the RAFM CoC miniature. 25mm, but that still works out for a female mini. Hmm, just checked RAFM's website, and I can't find her. I know she was from CoC ... maybe an old Grenadier figure?

Not as helpful as I thought it would be.
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Female Muckraker Mini

#6 Postby Clint » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:40 am

Uthoroc wrote:Does anyone know of a suitable miniature for the weird west setting that would fit such a character?

Check out Pulp Figures. Two options I can think of offhand. The Gumshoes set has a female with a camera, and then there is the Newshounds set for a female reporter (and could provide other NPC figures she would interact with).

http://www.pulpfigures.com/catcode.php?range=Gangland%20Justice&code=PGJ&number=8&custID=121692021301347464121

http://www.pulpfigures.com/catcode.php?range=Gangland%20Justice&code=PGJ&number=9&custID=121692021301347464121
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Uthoroc
Novice

#7 Postby Uthoroc » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:58 am

Those are very good, thanks! I saw the girl with the camera in some online gallery, but couldn't find what company she was from.

Uthoroc
Novice

#8 Postby Uthoroc » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:13 am

For now, the player will have to do with a no-camera female figure from Black Scorpion. I didn't feel up to trying to convert her.

For the Huckster PC in the group, the official SW mini turned out to fit perfectly. He was great fun to paint.

Snate56
Legendary

#9 Postby Snate56 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:34 am

So she's got a rifle.
Put her on a bigger base and scratchbuild a tripod camera next to her.

EDIT: Wait, are these your already painted figures? If so then come up with a camera on a separate base that can sit next to her.

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”