To Shane. RE: City of Heroes

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

biginjun
Novice

To Shane. RE: City of Heroes

#1 Postby biginjun » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:09 am

A bit off-topic, but was wondering if you had heard that NCSOFT was shutting down the City of Heroes game, since you worked on it/City of Villains.

Fan effort going on trying to save it, we'll see about that, but thought I would let you know.

Weren't you Lord Recluse?

PEGShane
Site Admin

#2 Postby PEGShane » Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Zeb Cook was Lord Recluse. I was Captain Mako.

Shane

ProfMarks
Seasoned

#3 Postby ProfMarks » Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:57 pm

Nothing but the best memories of that game. I was secretly hoping Paragon studios had a #2 under the hood.

More than saving the game (all good things and all), I wish there was a way to save the studio.

biginjun
Novice

#4 Postby biginjun » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:17 am

PEGShane wrote:Zeb Cook was Lord Recluse. I was Captain Mako.

Shane

Shane, thanks for the reply. Heh, I had you two reversed then, because I thought Zeb was Captain Mako, lol.

:mrgreen:

Anyway, yeah efforts are underway to try to save the game since NCSoft dropped the hammer quite unexpectedly (the Dev team had been showing off screenshots of their newest issue that morning, and had released a new powerset just ten days before.)

With the usual petitions, currently a little north of 17,000 signatures.

http://www.change.org/petitions/ncsoft-keep-ncsoft-from-shutting-down-city-of-heroes

Also getting support on twitter from others, like Mercedes Lackey who is a player and offered to even do advertisements for them unpaid as a carrot to consider keeping the game open or letting someone else have it. You can probably find quite a few articles on the net about it.

Anyway, thought i'd let you know since you were part of it (and are part of it via Mako)

Heh, if anyone ever takes another crack at making a Deadlands MMO, then i'd be so playing that one. :)

biginjun
Novice

#5 Postby biginjun » Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:19 am

ProfMarks wrote:Nothing but the best memories of that game. I was secretly hoping Paragon studios had a #2 under the hood.

More than saving the game (all good things and all), I wish there was a way to save the studio.

I dunno, one of the admins posted in-game about supposed talks between studio management and NCSoft.

no news on that or promises made, yet, but it is an interesting development.

www.coh.com is the site, still, forums are under community and viewable by pretty much everyone.

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”