Deadlands Reloaded: Blessed and Barrier

This topic is for rules questions related to products from Pinnacle outside the core rulebook (Settings, Companions, etc.). Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

CorrinAvatan
Novice

Deadlands Reloaded: Blessed and Barrier

#1 Postby CorrinAvatan » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:38 pm

Hello,

Currently running a Deadlands: Reloaded game, and one of my players came up with a question I can't see addressed in the rules (or at least I can't find).

As I understand it, Blessed do not have Power Points: they can cast any spell at any time so long as they make the Faith roll with the penalties associated with that spell for level, wounds, etc.

However, Barrier is a spell that Blessed get; it allows you to create 1" of "wall" for each power point spent to pay for the spell.

There is my problem: the amount of wall they can make using the spell is limited by power points: but Blessed don't have any. Am I missing something in the rules for Blessed? How are they supposed to use spells that require "X effect per Y power points" when their core mechanic is "I don't use power points?"

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Deadlands Reloaded: Blessed and Barrier

#2 Postby Clint » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:41 am

CorrinAvatan wrote:As I understand it, Blessed do not have Power Points: they can cast any spell at any time so long as they make the Faith roll with the penalties associated with that spell for level, wounds, etc.

However, Barrier is a spell that Blessed get; it allows you to create 1" of "wall" for each power point spent to pay for the spell.

There is my problem: the amount of wall they can make using the spell is limited by power points: but Blessed don't have any. Am I missing something in the rules for Blessed? How are they supposed to use spells that require "X effect per Y power points" when their core mechanic is "I don't use power points?"

They try to ask for the power using as many PPs as they wish... but the GM still has the power to say they are exceeding the tenets of their belief and apply a penalty to the roll or even consider it a Sin.

See here and the linked posts within...

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=279252#279252
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Rules In Other Pinnacle Products Work”