Raven Graphic Novel Kickstarter now LIVE!

Illustrated fiction (words *and* pretty pictures!) based on Pinnacle settings.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

CEdwardSellner
Novice

Raven Graphic Novel Kickstarter now LIVE!

#1 Postby CEdwardSellner » Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:54 am

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/470 ... phic-novel

What, you haven't checked this out already? Please do! We launched strong and we're just getting started! We've already broke the first thousand mark within 12 hours and will be having lots of rewards and excitement for everyone supporting it!
CCO Visionary Comics
Writer / Creator THE KID

Thunderforge
Veteran

#2 Postby Thunderforge » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:09 pm

Good luck with the Kickstarter!
Last edited by Thunderforge on Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#3 Postby Cutter XXIII » Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:26 pm

We just surpassed the $2,000 mark, unlocking a FREE PDF of my (first-ever) comic short, "What A Man's Got to Do" -- a harrowing tale of the Weird West. :twisted:

And we're all so psyched to tell Raven's whole story in a new medium! If you haven't checked out the Kickstarter yet, please do; these stories will be Deadlands canon but we can't get started without your help.
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

CEdwardSellner
Novice

Pricing

#4 Postby CEdwardSellner » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:55 am

Thunderforge,
The Kickstarter edition of Raven will most likely be the best value available as this won't be a small book. Raven is going to be released as four issues minimum, in full color. We've already announced a 16-page bonus supplement by Shane Hensley himself, plus a ton of other content. Not to mention when we hit stretch goals, we'll be upgrading the size and cover stock as well, all at no price increases on the book. So trust me when I tell you that once we have a finished package, and its priced competitively on the market, after costs for distribution, retailer percentages etc. you're still going to be looking at $25 for it, easy.

Not to mention the edition for the direct market won't have all the Kickstarter exclusive content and most likely won't be going out until 2014.
CCO Visionary Comics

Writer / Creator THE KID

CEdwardSellner
Novice

And I almost Forgot...

#5 Postby CEdwardSellner » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:13 am

The other bonus is, all our supporters making Raven happen are getting tons of other great stuff! We've already unlocked a 10% discount off all Pinnacle Deadlands PDF books, and all our supporters will also be getting free PDF's of Matthew Cutter's short story "What a Man's Got To Do" as he mentioned above. There will be a bunch more incentive bonuses as well including a lot of free additional things for supporters, including the ones who just get the trade.

It makes it a great deal, so thanks to all those who've done the math and figured out the value in it and are supporting us! We greatly appreciate those of you who are going to make this happen, and no worries, the book you get will be awesome and a great value for your investment.
CCO Visionary Comics

Writer / Creator THE KID

Thunderforge
Veteran

#6 Postby Thunderforge » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:43 am

Good points! I hadn't considered the extra content. I think I will get the TPB :-)

Plus if it's as good as the others, it has to be really awesome!
Wild Card Creator: Any PDF, Any Setting, No Extra Cost.

The Elder Scrolls conversion and other fun creations.

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#7 Postby Cutter XXIII » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:26 am

Folks, if you haven't yet checked out the Raven Kickstarter, please do!

We've added some new game-related perks, like an exclusive set of playing cards featuring characters from the one-shots, and a 16-page Deadlands Reloaded supplement to be included in the Raven TPB... written by Shane Hensley himself!

Climb up on the wagon with us, amigos. If we make the goal it's going to be a hell of a ride.
Matthew Cutter

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#8 Postby Cutter XXIII » Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:26 am

Funded! :-D

Huge thanks to our forum regulars (and everyone else!) who kicked in some ducats to make this thing happen.

I was at the Baltimore Comic-Con yesterday with Chuck Sellner and artist Greg LaRoque, and we're all super-psyched to be able to tell this story. Even if you think you know Raven's tale inside and out, we've got surprises galore!
Matthew Cutter

coyote6
Seasoned

#9 Postby coyote6 » Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:18 pm

Will the Raven issues or GN be available on Comixology?
--
Bob

Return to “Comics & Graphic Novels”