Basic Damage Question

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

grimtree
Novice

Basic Damage Question

#1 Postby grimtree » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:50 am

I may have been working damage out all wrong, so just wanted to post a clarification. My understanding of the rules currently are:

If I damage an unshaken, unwounded enemy with a success, I shake him.

If I damage a shaken, unwounded enemy with a success, I give him 1 wound.

If I damage an unshaken, unwounded enemy with a success and a raise, I shake him and give him 1 wound.

If I damage a shaken, unwounded enemy with a success and a raise, I give him 1 wound.

If I have read the rules right the last two point above show that I only do 1 wound even if I get a raise over the success in the second example.

To follow on from that I guess if I damage a shaken, wounded enemy with a success I would give him an extra wound?

And if I were to damage a shaken, wounded enemy with a success and a raise I would just give him an extra wound?

Sorry for the interrogation, I may be making this more complicated than it actually is :)

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Basic Damage Question

#2 Postby Clint » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 am

grimtree wrote:I may have been working damage out all wrong, so just wanted to post a clarification. My understanding of the rules currently are:

If I damage an unshaken, unwounded enemy with a success, I shake him.

If I damage a shaken, unwounded enemy with a success, I give him 1 wound.

If I damage an unshaken, unwounded enemy with a success and a raise, I shake him and give him 1 wound.

If I damage a shaken, unwounded enemy with a success and a raise, I give him 1 wound.

If I have read the rules right the last two point above show that I only do 1 wound even if I get a raise over the success in the second example.

To follow on from that I guess if I damage a shaken, wounded enemy with a success I would give him an extra wound?

And if I were to damage a shaken, wounded enemy with a success and a raise I would just give him an extra wound?

Correct. Shaken targets are easier to wound but not easier to severely wound.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”