Indiegogo: RAFM Miniatures Space 1889 Figure Collection

A forum for discussing anything used to add to your Savage Worlds games; miniatures, terrain, character sheets, or game aides of any type.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Other Mike
Seasoned

Indiegogo: RAFM Miniatures Space 1889 Figure Collection

#1 Postby Other Mike » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:03 am

I doubt it will do anything like the Reaper Kickstarter, but RAFM Miniatures is trying to do similar (well, not in plastic) with Space 1889 on Indiegogo.

http://www.indiegogo.com/RAFM1889Miniat ... &a=1114672

I'm supporting them, because I want the "monsters."
My delusions of grandeur are way bigger than yours!

Other Mike
Seasoned

#2 Postby Other Mike » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:24 pm

I didn't read their campaign thoroughly enough. Seems part of the funding is to keep their licence to produce Space 1889 Miniatures.

Doesn't look good. 17 days left, and they are not quiet up to 1/10th of their goal.

Cryonic
Heroic

#3 Postby Cryonic » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Well, they have 2 problems with their goals.

1) that is a lot for a single figure or more ($10 to get 1, $16 to get 3, $25 for 6, etc...)
2) at least one of their bids is completely useless unless "stretch goals" are reached... yet the stretch goals listed for the minis are below the base goal for the project... So, by wording it the way they have, why would anyone bid on those? Especially since you only get 3 miniatures for the $35 bid price...

I know that their target audience is much smaller than that which Reaper or even Games Workshop can call on... maybe they could use some help. Like a post on the front page of Pinnacle's site to get traffic to the project.

Other Mike
Seasoned

#4 Postby Other Mike » Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:09 pm

At least one backer has sent them a comment about how poorly they have designed their Campaign. Their stretch goals are indeed kind of strange. They probably should have set their target number lower. As is, it seems all or nothing campaign. And yes the lowest levels are very poor for anyone trying to support them.

The Cloudship Pirate ($56) is not bad ... not because of the miniatures you get, but the fact that you get 40% off your other orders for a year. Of course, that's only good if they have things you want.

Unfortunately, its the stretch goal items that I really want to see produced ... Space 1889 specific critters.

Return to “SW Miniatures, Terrain, and other Game Aides”