SW Deluxe Explorer's Edition

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Renny
Seasoned

SW Deluxe Explorer's Edition

#1 Postby Renny » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:38 pm

Hi

Just wanted to scream from the rooftops how freakin' beautiful the new Explorer's Edition book is. Seriously, this little gem is amazing. Picked it up in London today and I am VERY happy with my purchase. Great work by all involved.
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently 99% Savage and proud !

sirkerry
Novice

Re: SW Deluxe Explorer's Edition

#2 Postby sirkerry » Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Renny wrote:Hi

Just wanted to scream from the rooftops how freakin' beautiful the new Explorer's Edition book is. Seriously, this little gem is amazing. Picked it up in London today and I am VERY happy with my purchase. Great work by all involved.

Agreed! It's a gorgeous book, I picked up 5 copies of it today from my FLGS.
-Kerry Harrison
Organizer, Space City Savages
Running: 50 Fathoms
Prepping: several different scenarios
Playing: New Year's War Playtest

grufflehead
Novice

#3 Postby grufflehead » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:51 am

Is it the same type of book (in terms of paper, binding etc) as the original SWEX? Would like to hear how it stands up to use as for some reason my SWEX fell apart within weeks of me getting it.

Sitting Duck
Legendary

#4 Postby Sitting Duck » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:04 am

Presumably you got the second printing, which reported an unusually high number of defective copies. IIRC they changed the binding method that was being used after that.
The rabbit is cuddly. Kids like little cuddly sidekicks. I mean... The rabbit... It's a time-tested... Okay, the rabbit bites.
Blog: http://sittingduck1313.livejournal.com
The Gamer's Codex Reviewer

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#5 Postby ValhallaGH » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:11 am

Sitting Duck wrote:Presumably you got the second printing, which reported an unusually high number of defective copies. IIRC they changed the binding method that was being used after that.

They also had a good replacement policy for customers that got in touch with them.

I suspect that the SWD:EE is of similar quality to the Horror Companion - which is amazing.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

grufflehead
Novice

#6 Postby grufflehead » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:11 am

Excellent, thanks all. Even though my SWEX is in bits, it's still probably the single best product I've bought in 30 years of gaming. And all because of a chance encounter in a FLGS which I visited on a whim and sadly doesn't even exist any more.

Lysander
Seasoned

#7 Postby Lysander » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:28 am

If possible, take your old copy to your local Kinko's and have them spiral bind it (since it's already messed up). This way, it statys together and it will lay flat if needed (I did that with my EE copy as soon as I got it, best +$8 bucks I ever spent on Savage Worlds, and I intend to do that with my Deluxe EE copy as soon as my FLGS get some more in...
There is no problem in this Universe that can't be solved with the application of roasted porcine flesh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A

Renny
Seasoned

#8 Postby Renny » Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Well, it's early days so i can't speak as to the longevity of the binding. If anything, i would say the book is of even better quality than the previous Explorers Edition.
"Believe it or not," Doc advised her, "we get some fun out of this sort of thing."

Currently 99% Savage and proud !

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”