Power Rangers

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Kendermage
Seasoned

Power Rangers

#1 Postby Kendermage » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:49 am

I got to thinking about how to model a Power Rangers game tonight. I figured that you'd have to use the Super Powers Companion or Necessary Evil and have all of the Rangers with the Gimmick (Morphing) Hindrance. The characters would be created as two characters one normal average person with no powers, and the other their ranger form.

That is the easy part of such a game. The hard part is figuring out how to handle the Zords and Zord combat. I don't know how to handle that in Savage Worlds. In True20 I would have used Mecha vs. Kaiju to model such combat. I suppose I could use those rules as a reference and modify what is necessary to make them usable with Savage Worlds.

Thoughts?

Kythkyn
Seasoned

#2 Postby Kythkyn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:56 am

Maybe use the vehicle stats and the Heavy Weapon rules for zords?

That said, Power Rangers game FTW!
♀♥♀

Jounichi
Legendary

#3 Postby Jounichi » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:13 pm

If you're committed to the idea, you'll have to start everyone off with mucho Power Points just to cover the mecha. There also won't be much in the way of variation, as PR teams are all themed and tend to be pretty close in ability and gear.

Sadric
Heroic

#4 Postby Sadric » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:42 am

Without knowing Power Rangers....
Its a simply change of scale or?
I mean, I never see a normal character fighting a megamonster, not even with a Heavy Weapon or something.

SO, simply make your Zord Mega-scale monster. Normal stats, but invulnerable for normal scale weapons.

VonDan
Legendary

#5 Postby VonDan » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:39 am

Sometimes they do fight the mooks out of uniform so they must be martial artist even without morphing

Now lest have a moment of silence for Thuy Trang the first yellow ranger who died in a car crash

and get well wishes for the Nerdy Galaxy Ranger who left the show due to cancer

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”