Airship Pirates

Please use carefully and respect the copyrights of the works you convert by placing the appropriate information on your documents.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

FickleGM
Novice

Airship Pirates

#1 Postby FickleGM » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:35 pm

I got Airship Pirates for free at GenCon, and being a big steampunk & Abney Park fan, I am immediately adopting this setting. While I don't hate the system, I'm a Savage Worlds fan and am going to use it for the setting.

It doesn't look like it will be too difficult. I just thought I'd post, in case anyone here had similar thoughts or tried this, already.

Kakaze
Seasoned

#2 Postby Kakaze » Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:54 pm

I messed around with a WWII era skyship game a while back. If you are interested in taking a look, its here:

http://www.peginc.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... sc&start=0
Proud creator of Savage Swarm, a game about Giant Ants.

FickleGM
Novice

#3 Postby FickleGM » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

Thank you, I'll check it out. I did notice a difference, though, from Airship Pirates, as the ships you use (much like Leviathan) are 'steamtech-powered', rather than air-powered. While I'm not against introducing such ships in the setting, the majority of the ships rely on helium and gas bags.

VonDan
Legendary

#4 Postby VonDan » Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:34 pm

I drewed this 26 years ago in HS, I added the black sun logo 23 years ago based on the top of a bin of baby wipes

In my kids book and silly game setting this is an airship used by the witch queen, the gas comes vent in the ground near the slag fields of Iron Mountain (which has Iron Lava). The air bag crew are all Halflings high on the gas

Return to “SW Home-brew Settings & Conversions”