A Public Thanks to Chaos Steve

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

A Public Thanks to Chaos Steve

#1 Postby brumcg » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:57 pm

I was going to send Chaos Steve a private message, but I think a public thanks is the better choice.

I've been a Deadlands fan since I saw a poster in a game store in the 90's... I've been a Savage Worlds fan from the first incarnation. Yet, I've never been able to get Deadlands on the table. I last pitched it about 18 months ago, and I was shot down yet again.

Somehow I got my entire group of players to sign up for Steve's Deadlands: The Maze; I can be sneaky. It was great, everyone had a good time, and I now have everyone on board for more Deadlands. It's practically a miracle.

So... um... thanks Steve!

#2 Postby Haroth » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:12 pm

I'll tip my hat as well. My first SSN experience was with Steve two years ago, and it definitely solidified my interest in the Savage Worlds system. I might not be playing it as much as I am today if it wasn't for him, so thanks!

Chaos Steve

#3 Postby Chaos Steve » Mon Aug 20, 2012 4:46 pm

Thank you both for the kind words. Some whould say that running Savage Worlds is so easy even Chaos Steve can do it! :)

Most importantly, I'm glad you both had fun in the games. That's exactly why Evil Mike and I run them.

You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother.
-- Albert Einstein

Xavier Onassiss

#4 Postby Xavier Onassiss » Tue Aug 21, 2012 5:42 pm

I want to add my thanks as a first-timer at SSN. Steve and the rest of the SW folks made this a great event and they were all very helpful to a new guy in the SW community. I'll be back next year with a new Terracide adventure!
300 years from now: After the Terracide... the charred husk of man's homeworld slowly cools in the empty silence of a dead star system.
Welcome to the rest of the Galaxy. It's Dark Out There.

Return to “The Con Suite”