Shaintar at Gen Con 2012

The place to discuss conventions. What's coming up, what's going on, and what happened afterward.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, Evil Mike, Chaos Steve, The Moderators

Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

Shaintar at Gen Con 2012

#1 Postby Sean Patrick Fannon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:44 pm

Shaintar Fans going to Gen Con - there WILL be pick-up games at the show, and I've arranged to post all relevant information with the fantastic folks at the Studio 2 Publishing Booth, your official Savage Worlds HQ for Gen Con. Booth # 415/419
Sean Patrick Fannon
Sean's Pick of the Day
Brand Manager, Savage Rifts

Bad Dog. Good Games.

Savage Mommy
Savage Mommy!

#2 Postby Savage Mommy » Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Excellent news. I hope I can make one of the games.
Chris "Savage Mommy" Fuchs
Rocky Mountain Savages Founder
http://www.rockymountainsavages.com

SavageCast
www.savagecast.com

Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

#3 Postby Sean Patrick Fannon » Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:42 pm

BTW, I will have 25-point Pregens, but if you want to make your own, well - 25 points, based on the new Players Guide. If you have an existing character, I encourage you to make sure he/she is updated with the info in that book.
Sean Patrick Fannon
Sean's Pick of the Day

Bad Dog. Good Games.

Sean Patrick Fannon
Heroic

#4 Postby Sean Patrick Fannon » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:54 pm

At first, we weren't going to make it to Gen Con, and my dear friend, Norman Hensley, was going to step up and run a scenario entitled "Darkest Hour." Proposed and logged into the system, this is what he had -

"The 'Thirteenth Hour' of the night carries with it dark power and mystical importance. Why are villagers going missing? What ancient evil has awoken? Can the heroes stop it before the Darkest Hour?"

When I discovered I'd be there after all, he gladly asked me to take over his slot. I determined to run based on what he had, so here's the full description of the Darkest Hour scenario, debuting at Gen Con 2012 -

The town of Jordin has a problem. It began four nights ago, with the disappearance of Rory Hunsacker and Paul Lorrit, two farmhands that work the Ambrose farm. They'd been drinking – rather excessively – and were on their way back to the farm from the local tavern. Their disappearance was chalked up to wild animals or roaming bandits, and while the local constables kept up the search all day, nothing came up.

Three nights ago, Tamera Finley ran into town, screaming and scratched up. She claimed that “something huge” was chasing her through the woods into the town. With torches and what weapons that could be gathered, a group went out to see what was there... and found nothing. The next morning, very large tracks were found where something huge and heavy had stalked near the town.

Folks were put on alert, encouraged not to be out at night. Word was sent, asking for Rangers to please come help as soon as possible.

Two nights ago, the Mandel farm was atttacked. The only survivor is 7-year old Quincy Mandel, and she is severely traumatized. She barely speaks or eats, and when she does say anything, it's whispers of “the Eaters.” Every animal on the farm was butchered and partially eaten, but all eight of the other residents are missing. Tracks lead off into the darkest part of the forest, and frankly, no one is brave enough to go in to follow them.

Yesterday, every other farmstead, forester cottage, and other outlying residence was evacuated, with the refugees moved into the town and put wherever a bed could be made for them. Last night, shadows and shapes were reported all around the town, while bonfires lit up the night in an effort to drive off whatever is out there.

The Rangers arrive today, and it's a good thing, too.

For tonight is the night when two of the three moons of Shaintar are full in the sky, and the Thirteenth Hour is a time of terrible power for what lies in the Dark...
Sean Patrick Fannon
Sean's Pick of the Day

Bad Dog. Good Games.

chitownroy
Veteran

#5 Postby chitownroy » Tue Aug 14, 2012 7:38 am

Great stuff Sean.

Return to “The Con Suite”