Samurai in the Maze

All discussions about the Weird West setting for Savage Worlds. If specific to another system, please note in the subject line, [Classic], [d20], or [Protocol].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Willis
Seasoned

Samurai in the Maze

#1 Postby Willis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:33 pm

I have a player that wants to play a samurai that once worked for Kang. He's wanting to know about prices/stats for a katana and armor. What should I tell him?

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Samurai in the Maze

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:08 pm

Willis wrote:I have a player that wants to play a samurai that once worked for Kang. He's wanting to know about prices/stats for a katana and armor. What should I tell him?

Well the basic stats are in the Marshal's book, "They carry a katana (Str+d10) and wear their traditional armor (+2)."

So just give them costs and weight.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Willis
Seasoned

#3 Postby Willis » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:09 pm

Yeah, the player did that. He wants to know if 75 for the katana and 35 for the armor is a fair price in deadlands cash...

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#4 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:17 pm

For an item that costs $1,000 in the core rules and is extremely rare in the Weird West, I'd say no. :wink:

Starting cash is halved to $250 in Deadlands from the Core, so I'd put a katana at $500.

BUT I'd also let him start with the sword and armor for free, because that's his character concept, and give him nothing else, suitable for the Ronin.
Matthew Cutter
Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)
Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

VonDan
Legendary

#5 Postby VonDan » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Even if it is not taken as a hindrance like hunted there has to be history with Kang that will cause problems in the future and the bonus of the sword is balanced against that

Cutter XXIII
Legendary

#6 Postby Cutter XXIII » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:51 pm

VonDan wrote:Even if it is not taken as a hindrance like hunted there has to be history with Kang that will cause problems in the future and the bonus of the sword is balanced against that

That's a very good point.

Kang's not exactly your "forgive and forget" kind of guy.
Matthew Cutter

Deadlands Big Bug (Brand Manager)

Pinnacle Entertainment Group, Inc.

Return to “Deadlands: The Weird West”