Beastmaster and Persuasion

Just got your book, can't find a copy, have a cool adventure idea or story? Chat about it here.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

deaconabyss
Novice

Beastmaster and Persuasion

#1 Postby deaconabyss » Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:41 pm

Okay I got a player in DLR he wants his native to have like an animal handling ability and he doesn't want to take an Arcane Background. Beastmaster doesn't really make provisions for this, he wants to take Beastmaster and we were thinking he could use his persuasion with the edge to accomplish the effect we wants.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Beastmaster and Persuasion

#2 Postby Clint » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:01 pm

deaconabyss wrote:Okay I got a player in DLR he wants his native to have like an animal handling ability and he doesn't want to take an Arcane Background. Beastmaster doesn't really make provisions for this, he wants to take Beastmaster and we were thinking he could use his persuasion with the edge to accomplish the effect we wants.

Not exactly sure what kind of effect the "animal handling ability" is intended to have, but changing the reaction of any NPC uses Persuasion, even if they are an animal. That would seem to fall under it. And a character with Beast Master is unlikely to have a situational penalty to try to use that skill on animals.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Ornimancer
Novice

#3 Postby Ornimancer » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:00 pm

I think one could either use Knowledge: Animal Training or even Common Knowledge if the character's profession encompasses that, such as a hunter(with dogs) or a cowboy (with horses and cattle). The exact situation would determine whether the needed Trait Roll would be either Persuasion or the Knowledge roll.

P.S. I realize this is an old thread, but I found it because I was trying to figure this out myself.

Return to “SW General Chat & Game Stories”