What would a video camera cost

All discussions about the Wasted West and Way Out West settings. If system specific, please note in the subject line, [SW], [Classic], or [d20].

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Amdramnar
Novice

What would a video camera cost

#1 Postby Amdramnar » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:22 pm

One of my posse wants to be an Actress from Movie Town traveling the wastes for some real world experience or imerssion. She wants a Sidekick to be a cameraman who follows her around to get some good footage.

Since the palmcorders only record sound, what kinda cost would you give to a video recorder. Right now I am leaning toward double but not sure I can find the cost of a palmcorder either.

ValhallaGH
Legendary

#2 Postby ValhallaGH » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:43 pm

A "brand new" palmcorder is $500 (Wasted West, page 26 / 27) or free to Librarians (issued as part of the job). Note that the grand library only pays $50 for returned palmcorders, just enough to make it worth the diversion to Sacramento but not enough to make you go Librarian-hunting.
It's basically a palm-top computer with terrabytes of ram and removable storage (data slugs).

I'd use similar stats for a video camera, though I'd probably up the power usage to 1 charge per hour. Figure that a slug will hold ~4 terrabytes. That would be about 864 hours of movie-quality video and audio per slug (figure 216 hours per terrabyte, at DVD quality levels).
Blank slugs are ~$10 (depending upon location), but slugs of data can be worth a lot more depending upon what that data is.
"Got a problem? I've got the solution: Rocket Launcher."
"Not against a Servitor."
"... We're all gonna die."

Snap_Dragon
Seasoned

#3 Postby Snap_Dragon » Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:17 am

I love the sidekick camera man thing. I would probably guess about $50 or maybe $100 for a top of the range steadycam.
"If this were a perfect world I wouldn't know what a rat tasted like"
-Lazlo Huber

Snate56
Legendary

#4 Postby Snate56 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:09 am

Oooo! Like Booster Gold, have a flying orb camera that's also your agent!

SteveN
"Politicians and diapers must be changed often, and for the same reasons."
>Mark Twain<

Clash957
Seasoned

#5 Postby Clash957 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:33 pm

Snate56 wrote:Oooo! Like Booster Gold, have a flying orb camera that's also your agent!

"Skeets! Go check if there are any wormlings in that building, and get me a rad-free cola!"
Playing: Nothing
Running: Looking to start a Savage Worlds game via Google+/Roll20.

Return to “Deadlands: Hell on Earth & Lost Colony”