I want to run a demo at my local gaming store...

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Lysander
Seasoned

I want to run a demo at my local gaming store...

#1 Postby Lysander » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:58 pm

As the title says, I want to run a demo at my local gaming store. My gaming idea is to make parody characters based off the web comic 'Order of the Stick' called Fellowship of the Line, and run them as far through 'Against the Orcs' in the time I will have available. However, I talked to the guy at my gaming store in charge of organizing these kinds of things and he asks: "Is there some sort of official Savage World Organized Play? If so, do you have their sanction as an organizer?"

I'm thinking the answer is 'no' and 'not applicable', but I want to run it by you guys first before I respond.

Are their any other things I need to address as it relates to 'The Savage Worlds People' or can I go from here? I have a pretty good idea what I want to do and how I will be doing it, but I just want to check all the bases before I moved forward...
There is no problem in this Universe that can't be solved with the application of roasted porcine flesh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A

jpk
Legendary

#2 Postby jpk » Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:04 pm

"No" and "not applicable" sum it up reasonably well, but you might want to check out the Savage Worlds Explorer's Society.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

Vinzent
Heroic

#3 Postby Vinzent » Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:04 am

The Savage Worlds Explorer's Society is kind of a club. You earn "exp" by running games and that exp can get you some fun schwag.

I don't know if they are "official" in the sense that they control orgainized games. It struck me as more of a fan club.
My Savage Worlds Blog
Get off the Human reservation. Read The Starrunner by C.B. Jones

Lysander
Seasoned

#4 Postby Lysander » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:24 pm

Yeah, I get that feeling too. I signed up, but there doesn't seem to be much activity other than GENCON related things... I've snagged a few things to help with demo set up (training wheels sheets, combat survival guides, status cards, etc.) but I may just have to wing it...
There is no problem in this Universe that can't be solved with the application of roasted porcine flesh...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSReSGe200A

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”