Deluxe Printer error found!

Post questions or comments directly to the Pinnacle crew here. Please be patient and try to keep conversations to a BARE minimum--the guys get a LOT of mail! Please also direct rules questions to the relevant forum--most folks there will already know what you're looking for. Thanks!

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

Rohan
Veteran

Deluxe Printer error found!

#1 Postby Rohan » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:58 am

Silver Gryphon was at KantCon the first weekend in July and while I was talking with Shane at our booth, a gamer pointed out that we had a printer error in two of the books. The very first piece of art, the part that bridges between the hardcover and the interior was rotated 180 degrees...it was upside down.

Shane said he'd never heard of the mistake before, I certainly never had and was quite shocked. No one was mad...I think everyone just thought it was awesome to have a book with an error in it that didn't affect the book at all, really.

Anyone else heard of this happening?
Kevin Rohan, Content Director
www.silvergryphongames.com

Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Silvergryphongames

Current WIP: Wellstone City Chronicles, Puppets, and One-liners

jpk
Legendary

#2 Postby jpk » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:16 pm

I think that's actually kind of nifty, too.

Those pages (called endsheets) are their own separate pieces of paper that are inserted during the bindery process. Since they'd be fed from a probably-manually-filled hopper, I can picture that happening, though that's certainly the first I've heard of it in any of the hardbacks.

Cool.

Of course, if you've gotten something like that and aren't tickled pink to be the proud owner of such an oddity, just let us know.
Joel Kinstle
Pinnacle Entertainment, www.peginc.com

Rohan
Veteran

#3 Postby Rohan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:21 am

Shane said the same thing, but I think the cosmetic oddity just makes it more awesome, and the customers seemed to agree!
Kevin Rohan, Content Director

www.silvergryphongames.com

Become a fan on Facebook: www.facebook.com/Silvergryphongames

Current WIP: Wellstone City Chronicles, Puppets, and One-liners

Return to “Hey Pinnacle!”