Missiles in chases?

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

shinryu
Seasoned

Missiles in chases?

#1 Postby shinryu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Do missiles in chases require the normal time of flight based on range (2 at medium, three at long, etc.)? Since the range penalty is somewhat abstract and the rounds are longer than six seconds, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense for most missiles to have that long of a travel time. I would assume the target does get his one chance to dodge the attack on his next action, of course.

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Missiles in chases?

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:24 pm

shinryu wrote:Do missiles in chases require the normal time of flight based on range (2 at medium, three at long, etc.)? Since the range penalty is somewhat abstract and the rounds are longer than six seconds, it doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense for most missiles to have that long of a travel time. I would assume the target does get his one chance to dodge the attack on his next action, of course.

Rounds can be longer than 6 seconds in a Chase, but that's not an absolute. If they are longer, then I'd leave it to the GM to make the call (though really ships using hours or days as increments aren't so likely to have missiles as gunpowder cannons and sails).

Still, for a normal round or even up to minutes, I'd go just as "abstract" on the missiles and use the normal rules, allowing 1, 2, or 3 rounds to evade based on the original attack.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”