Damage Field+Natural Weapons

This is the topic for asking questions about how the core rules officially work. Only the official answer guys can reply in this topic. Please read the rules in the first thread.

Moderators: PEG Jodi, The Moderators

tigerguy786
Veteran

Damage Field+Natural Weapons

#1 Postby tigerguy786 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Could the damage from Damage Field and say a Rakashan's Natural claws stack? IE would tbe damage from a Rakashan attacking with his claws while the damage field up do Str+d6, Str+2d6, or Str+3d6? (not worrying about raises for the moment)

I would lean towards Str+3d6, because the claws and the damage field are still doing damge (depending on trappings of course, but generally I think that will be the case). It isn't like Brass Knuckles where the damage there replaces the damage of the fists.
"Well, you do know what those who underestimate tigers always say right?"
"What?"
"They scream, 'Oh god help me I'm being mauled to death by a tiger.'"

Clint
Site Admin

Re: Damage Field+Natural Weapons

#2 Postby Clint » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:02 am

tigerguy786 wrote:Could the damage from Damage Field and say a Rakashan's Natural claws stack? IE would tbe damage from a Rakashan attacking with his claws while the damage field up do Str+d6, Str+2d6, or Str+3d6? (not worrying about raises for the moment)

I would lean towards Str+3d6, because the claws and the damage field are still doing damge (depending on trappings of course, but generally I think that will be the case). It isn't like Brass Knuckles where the damage there replaces the damage of the fists.

Yep, it stacks with natural weapons.
Clint Black
Savage Worlds Core Rules Brand Manager

www.peginc.com

Return to “Official Answers on How the Core Rules Work”